Bluegreen Resorts - Interested in filing a class action suit

Jan 22, 2011
review #217622

Interested in finding a way out. Even a buy back policy. Had it for 5 years, never used it, acquiring alot of maintenance fees. Anyone have any ideas on ways to sell or get out of the contract?

So far I've had to luck. Every place I have talked to says they want at least $500 before even agreeing to a possible sale. I'm looking for a way to make this as seamless as possible with doing the least amount of business with Blue Green since their customer service is rancid. How can they expect people to buy these after looking at all these negative reviews?!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

ab642b2
Had an experience with Bluegreen Resorts?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
me

Feb 23

Just donate it to a chairty so you can be done with it.At least you get a tax writeoff.

Jimmyboy68

Mar 03

Did you donate it? blue green that is we would like to donate ours!

vgailpd

Feb 23 Cumming, Georgia

I'm told once you are in ANY type of timeshare its forever. We are going to use all our bluegreen benefits to the max and enjoy vacations using our points. So far we have enjoyed our bonus reservations and points trips which is what they promised we would.
We plan to use it to the hilt and enjoy every minute.

Shameonbluegreen

Sep 21, 2013 Florence, South Carolina

Bluegreen is a total rip off. They told me I would get points every year and when I called up to make a reservation I found out that I only get points every other year. I can't take a vacation on that. I am working to get out of this s$&t. That is just the beginning of the lies.

Anti-Bluegreen

Jun 07, 2013 Dallas, Texas

They screwed me, i fought back and won. If you are wanting to go after them there is a website that offers hundreds of pages of collected complaints, lawsuits etc against these crooks. Can't remember the site right now but email me at martysuniga@gmail.com and I will get it to you.

Feb 22

OK,!!! SEND ME THE INFO ON SUEING BLUEGREEN,!!!PLEASE.
AT j_deal@att.net
JAMES L DEAL

James

Jun 06, 2013 Rancho Cucamonga, California

I would be happy to join a class action lawsuit against bluegreen. They were very deceptive, and MANY things told to us by the sales person were completely false... If anyone is truly starting a class action, email me.. Jamesd182311@gmail.com

Anti-Bluegreen

Jun 07, 2013 Dallas, Texas

We shot for a class action suit but Bluegreens lawyers put it off for year, and the class action attorney makes all the money. Contact Jim at notimeshare@gmail.com his website is www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com or email me at martysuniga@gmail.com. Good luck

Mad Former Owner

Jan 20, 2013 Tampa, Florida

We purchased Bluegreen 10 yrs ago and used. Unfortunately our financial situation changed and we declared bankruptcy. The court took our property from us. We still are getting bills for maintenance fees which we will not pay. They are turning us over to a collection agency. Bluegreen has ignored letters from our attorney. Can't afford to hire another attorney to get the thugs off our backs. :( A class action suit might be our only way out of this nightmare.

BG be gone!!!

Nov 26, 2012

Actually in the same situation and trying to get rid of this horrid mess. We were coerced, pressured and lied to about many thing especially the maintenance fees as well. Now they've raised their point system so high we can't even book a whole week in peak season anywhere. Now they want us to upgrade. Upgrade? Really?! Not going to happen. This is one of the biggest scams in our country today. I ran across an article at
www.courthousenews.com/2011/12/21/42420.htm
and found this was almost an identical scenario to ours as well. Found the attorney's listed at the bottom of the page regarding the lawsuit and the actual documents are posted on there as well. I call the attorney today and she was skeptical about taking on another case as this and stated there were several states involved because of where they were purchased. But she did refer me to another legitimate law firm that handles these cases to proceed with getting rid of this total mess. I really don't want to post the law firms name at this time but will keep this updated as progress is made with them.

As to the response from "The problem with this country posted Jan 31, 2011 from Jet, Oklahoma" Little do you realize when you get in that office you really aren't aware of these issues unless you've heard of these prior to going to one of the sales meetings. They pressure you in to buying now and if you don't these "prices" aren't available to you for 2 years so they push you in to
... Show more

Nov 14, 2012 Dawsonville, Georgia

BLUEGREEN RESORT IS A TOTAL SCAM. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY. WORSE THING IT IS HARD TO GET OUT ONCE YOU PURCHASE SINCE THEY DON NOT HELP YOU WITH RESELLING A TIMESHARE...

UK

May 25, 2012

only one perfect person on this earth and the cruxified him

You can not go blaiming anyone else but yourself
those are the facts

why should I have to pay extra MF to cover for those who will not.
Take resposibilty for your own actions

The salesperson in this case was correct you can use points to pay MF it use to be an ok deal never brillent but nower days it is not

But why buy a timeshare if you are going to use your points to pay your MF

Pointless do you not think

Class action suit

May 25, 2012

I would be happy to be a part of a class action suit. My email is jaimeball32@gmail.com. Please notify me and I will be happy to help get this done. For the others that post that we are simply wasting your money and time. Well first off the salesmen are GOOD they tell lies and really talk up ressorts. I remember ours stating that we would never have to pay maintenance fees because we could points that we don't use. We were never able to do this. Our maintenance fees have doubled since we bought. We were a very young couple just married during an economy that wasn't anything like it is now. I agree it was a *** mistake on our part we let someone fool us out of our money but again you are put in this room with salesmen. They say you have to ACT NOW. There is no chance to look up on the Internet like you mention. Also we trusted the fact that a reputable company like Bass Pro (johnny Morris) was iconsider. Why don't you consider what other people might be going through before you open your mouth. I have had 2 babies and because of BlueGreen we have ruined our credit (because of maintenance fees we have paid off our timeshare purchase) and I have never been able to stay at home with my babies, I work over 40 hours a week because BlueGreen ruined our credit. I am not whining I am trying to figure out the best way I can handle the fact someone scammed us out of 17000 dollars. I definitely don't spend my time making people feel bad about mistakes they have made. I'm so glad for you... Show more

mimimimboy

Nov 30, 2011

Johnboy I gave just over $53 for my 21000 points

were you in The Waltons

solardirect

Nov 30, 2011

fact Bluegreen rents out the units that it has tpo pay mf on ie the unsold inventory
fact some of the renters are renting through Bluegreen owners.
fact there are many many happy owners.
fact if there were no happy owners then the statement you often see on here would be a joke (well it is a joke and that is also fact)
.... no availabilty
So just get a life use your points and just have some wonderful cheap vacations.
Ther are plenty of us lol

person of interest

Nov 29, 2011

The only ones interesting on this and obviously truthful in their experience are the negative against Bluegreen's practices of continual lie's. There are many truths about scam businesses and if anyone can promise the world and get people to sign, pay and walk away with really nothing then in 2-4 years the owner of the great lie company now has money off shore in accounts that can not be touched and sales people told to tell these lies are not liable either. The company might pay some large law suites out and go under but in the end the ones who wanted to make the big money off complete bastardly lies will have made unless the government or active private firms can take these criminals and put them in jail. My wife and I have tried many weeks totally hundreds of hours to try and use Bluegreen for our vacations and also tried many times to buy large events rental times in specific cities which were hundreds of more hours to find out that these locations are not exclusively Bluegreen renters at all and most of the rental units are going to people off the street and we are paying the cream of the top of the cake without even being able to taste it and these criminal laugh all the way to the bank. Just one of these people who differ with this or any of these negative experiences with Bluegreen stick your chest out and not tell us bluegreen does something with nothing backing it up. Tell us where to find this backed information. You don't because the proof of anything positive... Show more

JohnBoy

Oct 26, 2011

mango and apricot, I am a Bluegreen owner and an individual. I gave $1o,000.00 for 8000 points biannual. I would be happy to deed this over to you for free if you want it.

Class Action

Oct 13, 2011

Please all me I'm interested

1-20 of 34 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Bluegreen Resorts.
Filing a new complaint about
×