Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I became an owner last October and have regretted every moment. I've tried on several occasions to book vacations but nothing I want is available. At one point they tried to charge me a cancellation fee even though the place I was trying to get wasn't even available....

Well in order to receive the full benefits of blue green and get MORE out of the system you really have to know your way around it and if you do, its very beneficial. People get taken advantage of when they don't know how to work the system. To learn how to you should always talk to fellow blue green owners with many experiences and needed knowledge.

Review

Bluegreen Resorts in Hollywood, Florida - BlueGreen requires 14 days to post payment

Yesterday I called BlueGreen to bank my 2010 week with RCI. Although they had received my maintenance fee on Jan 11th, the refused to bank my week because they require 14 day to post the payment. My week starts on February 5th, so it is important that this be banked now to preserve trading power. (Yes, we are a bit late; this is do to personal health problems causing a late decision.) I have provided BlueGreen with the check number and full information. Hopefully they will reply -- maybe even do something. BlueGreen has recently taken over our resort, Club La Pension in New Orleans. Compared to the previous (original) developer, I find BlueGreen hard to deal with, unreasonable, and outright rude. They do NOT appear to be interested in helping owners.

I am an owner at Bluegreen Club La Pension. All I do pay pay pay without receiving accountability. "Avis with money on your mind" do you work for Bluegreen?

sounds like crane4 is after your money guys

crane4

Disgusted with Bluegreen about the events you stated plus the 2010 and 2011 "events"?

Contact me at shedhead2@cableone.net to join with other owners to find solutions.

Review
Although I have only 8000 points I have have good experiences at the resorts. However I stayed at The Big Cedar Resort in Missouri and decided to just find out what my options were for increasing my points. I explained that I was not there to buy but just an...

i would sale my 10,000 pt timeshare with additional unused 8500 pts. for half what i paid for it!!!!!!

Review

Bluegreen Resorts in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Bluegreen/Christmas Mountain=No holiday cheer here!

Last week my family used our Bluegreen timeshare in Christmas Mountain Wisconsin Dells. This was the first time in 8 years we have been able to use our time where and when we wanted. We took our friends to a 3 room cabin where the air was so dry we all ended up with sore throats and not being able to sleep. We called to ask about a humidifier and were told there is a Walmart in town. The construction was so shoddy that every car door in the parking lot could be heard through the walls and the people on the other side of the wall may as well have stayed with us! There was a pile of dirt and hair behind every door to show how the housekeeping staff didn't bother to sweep or mop behind it and a pile of cigarette butts on the porch floor. I wish we could post pictures of the ceiling fan caked in dirt and dust along with the walls around it. My favorite picture was of the crack running from the point of the ceiling to the ground where the two parts of the building were trying to separate! When we brought this up during our "mandatory one hour owners update" we were blown off and still pitched to buy more points! Needless to say Christmas Mountain left us all a bit 'frosty'.

If you own a villa or a cabin wait until you get the good news about their $9,000,000 upgrade that we are supposed to pay for. Time for a class action lawsuit.

I'm sorry it sucked for you. I went to Christmas Mountain last year and I was very happy with the accommodations (The only redeeming factor about Bluegreen in my eyes).

I stayed in the 3 bedroom townhouse. With my family and in-laws.

Knowing the company for what it is though, I probably just got lucky.

I was there this Christmas too, someone broke into my condo and now I am getting charges for it, and yes accomodations are somewhat bad, but I was tere onoy 2 days and always outside so did not get to even use my condo, someone else did...

Loss

Bluegreen Resorts in Lawrence, Massachusetts - LaCabana Blue Green Time Share

I owned 2 weeks of time share in LaCabana, Aruba for the past few years. I owned 2 different units so I had to move for the second week. I didn't like doing that and someone told me about The BlueGreen Point System that was present at LaCabana. I signed up and took the tour and sat down for 4 hours asking all the questions I could think of. The biggest plus was the promise that I could get 2 weeks in the same unit and that was what I was looking for. Now let me preface by telling you that both my units were 1 bedroom units overlooking the central pool area. I bought the point system and was told as soon as I receive my membership paperwork (about 4 weeks) I could make reservations for the following year (11 months away). I called 2 days after receiving my membership and was told that there were no 1 bedroom units available. I said how about studios and was told that the only studios available were facing the parking lots (garden view as they call them). So you can see that the Blue Green Corp is fraudulant in their offers. I was told that was all they had and I could take it or leave it. As of this letter I have not been able to get any satifaction and I am thinking of filing a law suit for misrepresentation. If you are thinking of dealing with BlueGreen be aware that it's nothing like they promise in their sales pitch. They are very deceptive!!!!
Review

Bluegreen Resorts in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota - I just got hung up on...

I just got hung up on when blue green resorts was told I wasn't giving out my credit card information. the rep just hung up the phone on me. RIght after she had told me about such a great offer which I supposedly signed up for but can't remember. so beware of such great offers. Oh yeah and they offered me free airline too only to tell me that it would be at discounted rate later. If it's sounds too good it is . Anyway I already have a timeshare and this was definitely a hard sell and too quick to close the sale. they must have given out two pages of information that i was supposed to write down so I could redeem. SCAM
Review

Bluegreen Resorts in Bowling Green, Kentucky - We believe the BG resort in Orlando serious mold issues.

As soon as you enter the doors to the room elevators there is an undeniable and ever present musty odor. We had to turn on the A/C the second night and all *** broke loose. Even without the potential mold issue I would not recommend this place to anyone. My visits to the clubhouse were very disappointing. That wonderful list of amenities is purely for show. Examples; the fitness room was like a closet with old equipment. That would have been alright if there were more that one raggedy leg machine. The playground was the size of two parking spaces, maybe. Finally, I thought we could at least have fun with the billiards table. Nope. Snooker!
#120824

the fountains were gorgous i stayed in the new building where u check in...the amneties sucked total lie but the room/pool amazing....one pool table for a resor that size stupidddd especially with that many teens...there shud be an adult only bar/billards only so the teens dont hog it all night

Lord Mankinholes
#112073

read tripadvisor for this resort The Fountains International Drive Orlando and then make up your own mind

View more comments (1)
Review

Bluegreen Resorts in Atlanta, Georgia - I am po'd Blue Green has ruined my credit

They do not return phone calls and lie when they sell you the property it is NOT as good as it sounds It is impossible to sell your time share and it is as impossible to use it. It is not worth what you pay Beware And Stay a way!!!!!!!! I hope the future costomers read up before they buy I think the better business bureau should be notified And also we need free info on how to get rid of the debt and clear up the credit report does anyone have any info on what to do? Please help

They will never ever admit they were wrong. Very poor customer relation management.

Would never recommend this time share. They seem to forget who keeps them in business.

They can be very pleasant when you need help with booking a vacation. On the other hand do not ever ask them to help if you feel there was a mistake.

Ginni = Bluegreen employee

Why in gods name would anyone who is a "happy Bluegreen" owner come to this website?

They wouldn't. They are Bluegreen fecal sludge.

WE LOVE BLUE GREEN WE ALWAYS STAY WHERE WE WANT AND HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS.

Go to www.ARDA.org and read guide to buying timeshare. It's a great product but don't buy it if you do not plan to use it.

We vacation with our two young kids and staying in hotel rooms is not a vacation. The accomodations at Bluegreen, Marriott, Wyndham and Disney projects are outstanding.

We bought B/G in 2005 and use it every year and only once I was not satiafied w/my unit in Daytona. We now stay in Marathon and it has always been good and I always get my reservation.

Well, after reading several complaints, I am so glad we did not let them pressure us into buying. My husband and I were there today.

We were told that there was no pressure to buy. "You tell us "no" and that's it". Yeah, right. We told them we didn't want it, and they looked at us like we had two heads.

They tried several different "plans" to get us to buy. Now I am so glad we didn't get sucked in.

I am just sorry that you are experiencing all that trouble and I want you to know I will keep you in my prayers that all will turn out well for you. God Bless and thank you for being willing to warn others.

Make a report to BBB, your attorney general and FTC. The more complaints about this timeshare company, hopefully, the less they attempt to fool consumers.

Use your rights as a protected consumer.

You can't just let them ruin your credit without a fight. There are so many complaints about Bluegreen but we need more action than just complaints.

Lord Mankinholes

First of all it is not impossible to use it.

With all timeshare selling it is always a problem people expect to get back more than they pay , it does not work out like that. It is much like buying a car once you have sgned the value drops the "investment" is in the wonderful vacations and memories not in the $.

The only way to get rid of the debt as with all debt is to pay it or let BG foreclose on you then once the alotted time for a foerclosure is lapsed your credit score will be restored.

Dont buy if you cannot afford it

View more comments (7)
Loss

Bluegreen Resorts in Raleigh, North Carolina - Unhappy customer

My husband and I have owned for about 5 years now and it doesn't seem like we will ever get out of this. Bluegreen sales reps are all liers. We have tried for over a year with two different companies to sell and have not had any luck. They are good at making promises but when it comes down to backing up their words, they are useless. You can't sell it, rent it out or get what you want when you want it. This company is a big rip off. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It seems to me that they could try to help people who want to get out even at a loss rather than try to keep selling more and *** off more and more people. What a rip off!

Yea right! I have the same point package and for 1 whole year, it didn't matter what day/ month, there was nothing available for us in places we want to go.

The longest wait was 6 months...and this is in our home state! You love BG that much? You want to buy my timeshare?

They lied during the presentation, they lied about everything! BG is a scam!

My wife and I have been Bluegreen owners for over two years, and just recently upgraded. We love the Bluegreen resorts.

We always get the reservations we want with no problems. The maintenance fees are too high at approx. $100.00 per month. The staff has alway been very nice and go out of their way to please.

The only thing we do not like is the sales pitch every time you vacation. They insist you need to go and get the latest updates, what a waste of your vacation time.

I have one of the smallest points packages you can buy, 8,000 points every other year. I have no problem making reservations.

My husband and I both work weekends, so we travel Sun - Thurs. These days are in less demand and cost fewer points. We get a couple mini-vacations a year on points and go to Charleston a couple times a year on bonus time.

The difference between a $200 hotel in the historic district vs $49 a night for a studio at Lodge Alley pretty much covers our maintenance fee. You just have to know how to use it to your advantage, and it is a great way to vacation.

Review
#161912 Review #161912 is a subjective opinion of poster.
We purchased 15,000 points in 2003. At that time our maintenance fee was $250. Now it is $965. Reservations are nearly impossible to make. Have never been able to get when we needed it. Always compromise on dates. Sometimes leaving family members behind because...

"You have to know how to use the program to reap the benefits. Like with anything else, you cannot expect to get the resort you want when you book a month or so in advance." --- WHAT A LOAD OF ***.

If they told the public that at sales presentations no one would by this from this $hyt company. The owners book CLEARLY say that you can stay "When you want, where your want". When I purchased my plan that was my #1 objection I voice over and over. They told me point blank while pointing to the pretty pictures that as long as I called at least 30 days out I could book time and vacation "When you want, where your want".

NO ONE BUYS INTO A "SYSTEM". They buy becuase of the "FLEXIBILITY" and "VARIETY" that Bluegreen sells.

That fact is: THERE IS ZERO --- NADA --- NO "FLEXIBILITY"...That is completely ERRONEOUS. Don't believe it. It's a lie.

You can have your "system". :(