Davie, Florida
2.0

It started when we visited Tradewinds St. Pete on a business/ family trip.We enjoyed the resort, we had an oceanfront room.We had an issue so they upgraded us. They were very accommodating at the time.I was then contacted by bluegreen to come stay for a weekend on them and listen to their pitch.So we did it was cold, we made the best of it and still had a good time. Until the pitch. We went down me, my wife and daughter. My daughter was only one at the time. My wife and I had to leave the room several times. I ended up doing the tour . I have already experienced the property so we cut it short . I told the guy I really wasn't interested in a package. It was a back and forth exchange several times with different managers. Almost like buying a used car. Finally they came up with this sampler pack the price wasn't to bad so I bought it. I had problems from the beginning with lack of communication and not being able to book trips. There was always full occupancy wherever and whenever we wanted to travel. They really don't even offer one full year of use due to black out dates. So we booked a few *** trip to use up the points.

First was a trip back to Tradewinds. This place is constantly undergoing renovations. It was warm but we had the worst room ever ,no view large a/c unit rite outside our window. It made noise all night. I made a complaint in which a few promises were made and none granted. I went to the mandatory owner review in which I voiced my concerns. It all ended with a phone call stating we will make it up next trip.

Next was a trip to St. Augustine World Golf Village. Here we had a nice room. There was a change here they don't clean your room or take out trash. A little in the middle of nowhere. I have family not far from there that is where we spent a bit of time. There is a large pool basketball courts and grills. We visited nearby outlet stores.

Last we used the rest of our points windy and chilly in Miami at Solara. Not very far from our home. Kind of a staycation. This was a nice small room newly renovated rite near the beach. With bad weather we were stuck inside with not much to do. Not a lot of nearby in door activities for children .We ended up checking out early and heading home. At all three trips I was asked to do an owner review. I was not interested. Promises were made and not fulfilled. At the end of the day I wish I spent the money on one good trip and not three mediocre trips. I learned my lesson no time shares for me. Thank you, Eric

We went tojust used the last of our points 12/20/15.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bluegreen Resorts Cons: Booking policies.

Comments