Bloomer, Wisconsin
1.2K views

Bait & Switch: In June of last year we stayed at Mt. Olympus, roughly two weeks after our stay we received a phone call from Bluegreen Resorts for the fabulous $99 vacation deal.

Two night vacations at Mt. Olympus (if we came on a Thursday it would be free) and we would receive $100.00 Visa card. All we had to do was go on a short tour of Christmas Village on our 1st stay. I stated to the Sales Rep.

that I had done this about 10 years ago and wasn’t interested, she then went on to tell me this tour would only last about 20 minutes and we would receive a nice lunch if we were not interested we could leave if we were interested it would be longer. And if you purchase today I can get you another two night stay at Mt. Olympus which can be used anytime in the next 2 years and an additional $50.00 added to your Visa. Because we were just at Mt.

Olympus I asked her if we would be staying at Hotel Rome or an offsite, she assured me our accommodation would be at the “Main Hotel” So I bought the fabulous deal. Roughly 4 months later when I called to make reservations, all the dates I had were booked and I found out that the people that booked this deal off of me could not attend the same time as myself. Ok, not a big deal, the Rep. I spoke to said she would send me a copy of our vacation details.

I received the letter 3 weeks later, only to see small print and it says I will attend a 90-120 minute presentation. I called immediately and was told that the sales rep. who told me that it was a 20 minute tour should not have said that, I was transferred to their complaint department, which went nowhere. I let it go I figured the kids will still enjoy the time.

The beginning of April I made our reservations for May 5th and 6th, I made the reservation with Jackie M_____, and she reassured me that we would be staying at the “Main Hotel” Hotel Rome. On April 20th my parents used the trip they had bought ,there 20 minute tour ended up being 180 minute presentation they received no lunch, they did not stay at Hotel Rome, and their 2nd vacation was either a 1 person cruise or a destination that requires airfare. I immediately called Bluegreen with concern to find out that the “Main Hotel” we were staying in was 2 miles away from the Water Park. They put in a request to move us to Hotel Rome.

Today they called to confirm our reservation and told me that the request for Hotel Rome was denied. I was also informed that Hotel Rome is not included in those packages that it is an upgrade option. Once again I went to the complaint department, went through the whole sales pitch again, only to find out they record conversations and would listen to the conversation on the purchase date. I was over joyed.

Only to be disappointed that the recording starts AFTER the sales pitch, to verify names, address, income and credit card number. Needless to say I am at my end they can keep my $99.00 but they are not getting any more of my time.

So buyer beware if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

• Greek mythology

Comments

Bay Hill, Florida, United States #656518

:p very true

I HAVE READ THIS LONG COMPLAINT AND I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY, THIS LIFE ISN'T PERFECT, BLUEGREEN ISN'T PERFECT, YOU OR ME AREN'T PERFECT, BUT IN MY BOOK, BLUEGREEN IS TOPS!!! YES, I'VE LOST MY FAITH IN THEM A COUPLE TIMES SINCE 2005, BUT THEY RESTORED MY FAITH WHEN THEY BENT OVER BACKWARD TO MAKE US HAPPY.

AND TRUST ME, THERE IS NO OTHER VACATION CLUB THAT CAN HOLD A CANDLE TO BLUEGREEN.

SORRY TO DISAGREE WITH YOU BUT I HAVE TO BELIEVE IT IS YOU WHO HAD THE PROBLEM.

to MARYLNN Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States #656785

Spoken like a true BlueGreen sales person.I didn' have to use caps to make my point either.

kathy2013
to MARYLNN Lafayette, Louisiana, United States #658326

Bluegreen is a scam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take my advice stay far far away !!!

:cry