Tallahassee, Florida
2.3

This travel package through Bass Pro is still a bad thing. Same price and gifts, but there are never any rooms available when I want to travel, which as part of the sales pitch I was told I could travel when I want to. Nope. I've tried three times to book a trip to Savannah, GA, and can't get a date that ties in with a weekend (you know, three-day pleasure trips usually coincide with weekends).

I have one year to use the trip, but only 30 days from purchasing the plan to get a refund. Even if they can't hold up their end of the deal and get me a room when I want to travel, I can't get a refund.

If they can happen to find you a room on a date that works for you, you won't know where it is. They post your reservation request to the list of hotels in that city and see what comes back for availability. You won't know that until two weeks before you travel. Oddly enough, if you cancel at less than 14 days prior to the check in date you will get charged $125! So, when they call to tell me what hotel I'm staying in on a date I don't want, I have to decline right then as I can't change my mind after that without paying a stiff fee. How nice.

So, if you are willing to travel when it's convenient for the travel company, go right ahead and sign up. Otherwise, don't buy into this.

Oh, and it's a bit odd to me that as long as this program has been running at Bass Pro stores, customer service at their corporate center knows nothing about it.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Bluegreen Resorts Pros: Price.

Bluegreen Resorts Cons: Lack of availability.

Comments