Ville Platte, Louisiana

BLUE GREEN SOLD US THIS PACKAGE IN APRIL WITHOUT MENTIONING THE MANDATORY NEED FOR CREDIT CARD TO GET THIS PACKAGE AT $249.00. WE BOOKED ON A FRIENDS CARD.

ONE MONTH BEFORE ARRIVING WE WERE CONTACT WITH A LIST OF QUESTIONS ONE OF WHICH WAS "DO YOU HAVE A MAJOR CREDIT CARD?" I SAID "NO, I HAVE A DEBIT CARD." THE LADY SAID THAT WAS FINE IT WOULD WORK.

A WEEK BEFORE ARRIVING THEY SAID WE COULD NOT ATTEND BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE A MAJOR CREDIT CARD AND REFUSED A REFUND. THEY ARE OUT TO SCREW PEOPLE BIG TIME.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Package.

Comments

I was contacted yesterday from a phone number in Brooklyn, NY which belongs to a private party. The women told me I won a vacation/cruise deal to Orlando.

She said that I needed 249.00 for each person, 498.00 total and that we could bring 1 or 2 extra people at no charge.

She said that my debit card would be fine. She is calling back tonight, I am thinking phone scam, anyone else with this story?

If they refused to refund your friend's card, that would not be legal. If that is true, and if they did in fact contact you an entire WEEK before your stay, then you can take them to small claims court to have your friend's card refunded.

Additionally, you would not have been able to use your friend's card unless you had a credit card authorization form filled out by said friend, and if the hotel did not have that form, they cannot charge legally your friend's card.

Almost every major hotel will require that you put down a credit card. SOME will accept a damage deposit on debit, but most places really dislike doing that.