I've started a Facebook page in the hopes of starting a class action lawsuit like the one in Pennsylvania. Were you lied to at your sales pitch? Join the movement to get a class action lawsuit going. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_180578055325962
No matter what the contract says the sales pitch must be honest or it is ILLEGAL! End of story. It's not the fault of the consumer who has been swindled. Christmas mountain sales staff makes the characters of Glengarry Glen Ross look like saints. Deceptive sales practice are also illegal in most states.
Federally it is illegal to engage in deceptive sales practices. A sale is deceptive if it.
1. Represents that goods or services have sponsorship, approval, characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, or qualities that they do not have. (How many were convinces they would receive some service they did not receive? The ability to rent points via blue greens web page.)
2. Represents that goods or services are of particular standard, quality, or grade, or that goods are of particular style or model, if they are of another. (How many were shown the cleanest and best unit only to find that all the other units are not as nice)
3. Disparages the goods, services, or business of another by false or misleading misrepresentation of fact (How many were told how that "other" time share was so horrible?")
4. Makes false or misleading statements of fact concerning the reasons for, existence of, or amounts of price reductions. (How many were told that there bonus weeks were being "thrown in" as a means to get them to buy. Every time you said no, they offered to throw in something that really came with every sale.)
5. Engages in any other conduct which similarly creates the likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding. (How many knew exactly what they were getting from the sales pitch? Not the contract signing, but the sales pitch)
That's just to mention a few. If you had any of these happen to you, then BG broke federal law, The Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and most likely state laws as well. Furthermore the Pennsylvania judge ordered them to STOP.
I'll be starting a Facebook page for people who want to join the class action law suit to go to. And taking out ads on face book to gather people. Alone you are just a swindled owner. United we can bring a case all the way to the federal level.