Las Vegas, Nevada

We bought a package from them for over $300, we are a same sex female couple. When we bought the package, they knew we were not married ad it was illegal in Nevada. We asked the gentleman about it and he stated that we only had to cohabitation. I explained I was still legally married to someone but separated, He asked if we had been living apart for over a year. I said yes that we hadn't been around each other since 2013. He said then it was fine and legally separated was ok, as long as me and my girlfriend could show we lived together and made over $40k Problem being they require you to be married in order to buy with them, but even knowing that wasn't possible because it wasn't legal in Nevada, they still took our money.

We called sometime later to ask if we could switch the reservation to another state. They looked into it and refused. We explained there was no point in taking a time share trip here in Vegas as this is where we lived. That if they really wanted us to buy, it would be in another state. They refused. BUT on that call, they again asked if we were married, we told them no AGAIN, and was told we simply we just needed to provide proof we lived together. FINE

BUT today, I called to confirm our reservation, only to be told we can not stay with them. I asked why and they said because you are not married. I explained I paid to stay in their hotel and that it was discrimination to say you can only stay there if married. She stated that I couldn't travel with my female fiance' but I would HAVE to travel with the MALE I was separated from. I understand them having financial qualifications to buy, but demanding someone has to be married in order to buy is discrimination. No loan company makes you be married in order to sell to you.

I explained that they knew we were same sex and that we couldn't be legally married when we bought it. I got told we were not welcome in their time share unless I brought a MALE with me. I asked for my money back as I would not be staying there, I figured I would probably be charged some kind of cancellation fee, which annoyed me but I would deal with. Instead she told me no, that they were keeping all of my almost $300 I paid for the vacation and that me and my FEMALE fiance' were not permitted to stay in their hotel. So looks like we will be taking them to court for civil rights violations.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Package.

Reason of review: discrimination.

Bluegreen Resorts Cons: Being lied to and the lack of response from bluegreen resorts, Salesperson lied.

Comments

Iggyearl

Sounds like you have a good case. They are speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

"You can buy a timeshare from us - but you can't use it..." No judge will put up with that. Good luck.

Bluegreen Resorts Reviews