My husband and I bought the sampler program December 2007. We were told that we could not use through the summer months or holidays.

We were good with that. We started in June to book our rooms for a two night stay only to find out that their are no rooms available. I am very upset after paying $1000.00 for something that I can't even use. Looks like we are giving this resort $1000.00 for nothing.

I just wonder how many more people they sucker into this.

It just looks to me that there should be some type of law against this.

Comments

I had a sampler that worked great. no primmest rentals but I got to stay at big cedar and boyne in times just off primetime and had a great time.

All I can say is that my husband has worked for BG for many, many years. The business....yes....can be high pressure.

These people are trying to make a living and support their families, just like most of you "pissed" people are. If you actually listen to the presentation and don't like it...say NO! If you buy, follow the rules. Call in and ask question if you don't know the answers.

I can say that I'm sure there are some people in some of these resorts that are the old school high pressure sales men. But I speak from experience when I say that this company has very strong morals and the "guys" in charge are actually looking out for the consumer. It's not always someone elses fault.

Sometimes you need to take responsibility for the fact that you have not done your part and research what you buy! Bluegreen is a GOOD company...whether you work there or buy into the program.

I suggest you learn how to use Bluegreen sampler/points by joining the Bluegreen Yahoo group. You will find ways to use your points/sampler that you didn't think of before AND maybe be even happy with the company.

Some salespersons do misconstrue the truth but mostly it is our own misconception of what they said; THAT MIGHT be built into their spiehl but that's okay....they are trying to make a buck after all.

The sampler is an excellent way to get into this to find out if it is right for you or not...............so don't cry about the $1,000 some people have found out it wasn't for them after spending more than $10,000 and no way to get out of it and have to continue paying their mortgage payment and maintenance fees. IMHO, no one should ever buy any timeshare with a mortgage......resale is the way to go..........you spend at least 2/3 less for your points than buying from the developer......ANY timeshare, including Bluegreen.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #43971

this place is a scam if ever there was one the comments are valid on here we were told one thing about renting, and saleing if we wanted to, and mantience fees, but guess what it was all lies lost my *** on this one

Nettetal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany #43504

Sounds as other people think along the same lines.

Thanks to you Frank J. for the good advice. haha...

Thanks maphead for being a ***.

Jet, Oklahoma, United States #43020

HaHa How *** are you? Why would you not realize that there are a lot of people that are easy pushovers that will buy anything!

Nettetal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany #42932

Sorry but you have not been cheated you still have time to use the sampler

Stop being negative and if I were you I would at least give it a go.

Why did you buy and how can you be bullied into buying did they have you tied up?

If they did it sounds fun I may go along myself

Bluegreen owner thanks for your comment. I know there is no need to cry over spilled milk.

I just think it pretty sad when you can't trust a company. We were told and even put in writing not to book our trip more than three months in advance. Now you are saying at least 12 months in advance. Just sounds like to me that the company is one not to be trusted.

And I will tell everyone that I know about this situation. It probably won't hurt them at all but maybe just maybe when they are sitting in that room being bullied into buying they will think about this and turn and RUN out of there.

This company is simply a company that cheats people. So no I am not crying over spilled milk or the fact that I was cheated out of $1000.000, I just thought that a persons word was good, my mistake.

Nettetal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany #42480

The sampler package does have restrictions you are correct but what you have not understood about timeshare is that you need to plan well in advance.

Even if you were Gold or Platinum members you would not be able to make the reservation at very short notice.

My advice is to be more flexable phone reservation and try for later in the year you need to book as early as possible and you should have done it as soon as you bought the sampler but there is no point in crying over split milk what is done can not be undone.

Please learn from this have a few dates in mind when you phone reservations.

It is a shame that this has happened to you because you will have some very good holidays.

i will say again phone reservations and work with them to get what is acceptable and see if you like the resorts, i hope you will