Arlington Heights, Illinois

Here's the basic run down of what my husband and I were told during our Bluegreen presentation. (If you can believe it, I've shortened this by a lot)

We were told how Bluegreen was a great investment. (A timeshare cannot be legally advertised as an investment). We were also told that a their timeshare was a tax write off, because we were owning actual property and paying taxes on the property. (Timeshares and all expenses can not be used for tax purposes).

The "deal" was only good for that day. That we wouldn't be allowed to come back for a few years using this example, "Imagine you were selling a car, and you paid potential buyers $50 dollars to test drive it. You wouldn't want someone coming back again and again just test driving your car and you having to pay $50.00 over and over again." (Hey guess what, they can't do this either)

(Anything to make a sale), We were also told that the points never expired.We were told this lie because our dream vacation was to take a cruise but couldn't afford 18k points a year to go on one. (Not only do they expire after 2 years, after the 1st year the points are worth less. You can no longer use them for 'hot' seasons)

Maintenace fees are based on the number of points we have, so they will never raise. Saying, "If we paid $400.00 in fees, than our children would only pay $400.00 when we passed it on to them." (Another blatant lie. They are raised yearly.)

They didn't give us any time to review the contracts which they are obligated to do. Lied how much our monthly payments would be, and never, not once informed us about "Club Dues". (Which by omitting the information, puts them in the wrong.)

Bluegreen is a member of the American Resort Development Association (ARDA)We have filed a complaint with them, which I encourage everyone else who has been lied to by this company to do as well. Here is a list of codes the Bluegreen broke with us.

Code of Ethics III.C.1-2 - 1. Must not convey false, untrue, deceptive, or misleading information through statements, testimonials, photographs, graphics, or other means; and 2. Must not omit material information without which the solicitations or sales information would be deceptive or misleading, or which would affect consumer decision making.

Code of Ethics V.B.4 - 4. Limited Time Offers. Representations must not be made that the current terms of an offer will not be available at a future time unless those representations are factual.

Code of Ethics V.B.5.b-c. - b. Must be consistent with information and disclosures provided in the Sales Information; and c. The consumer must be provided with a reasonable opportunity to review the contract documents in writing at time of sale before signing.

Code of Ethics V.B.9.- 9. Sales Presentation. Verbal representations must be consistent with information contained in sales documents, contracts and written disclosures

We are currently in dispute over our contract and are working very hard to get it canceled.

Bluegreen's main line for everything that happened to us is, either "The contract says ..." or they "deny any verbal ...". However, they're mortgage department called us, and wondered why we were unhappy. And after telling the lady some of the lies, she interrupted me to say, "That's just the 'Sales Pitch'." Proving that it's a widespread, acceptable practice among Bluegreen.

If you are happy with them, I'm happy for you. I understand we signed a contract, however when fraud is used to trick a person into signing a contract, we can dispute it, which we are doing wholeheartedly. I will say the resort we stayed at was very nice. Clean, comfortable and large.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

Plano, Texas, United States #595372

Be careful folks a lot of these complaint boards are setup by people who want to spook you so you'll be frightened so much that you'll want out of your timeshare, points, whatever. Truth is these are scammers that want to take your money for a promise to sell, buy etc.

or in generally get out of your contract. Don't believe it, it's a scam. If you travel use your timeshare, if you don't, don't buy one. Everything you do costs money, the Goverment scams you everyday, yet you give them nearly half your wages.

When I go on vacation, I have people who want to give me cash, trips, etc to take a timeshare presentation, I don't do it, I am on vacation, why wast my valuable vacation time. I don't go much but when I do, I'm not wasting my day on that.

To you timeshare guys, I see the value in your product if I was younger, but I'm 67, doesn't make sense or even if I spent $5000 a year going places, but I don't - so leave me alone.

Celtika1982

I am not interested in giving my money to any of the 1000 companies who can 'supposedly' help me get rid of my timeshare. Been there done that.

Unless your willing to do it for free and get paid after I get my money back go away.

Timeshare "helpers" are no better than than the timeshare themselves.

visit www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com you may be able to recover your money

Celtika1982

Charles Swanson - I am angry for all the reasons listed.

Like I said, if you had bothered to read it, "If you are happy with them, I'm happy for you. I understand we signed a contract, however when FRAUD is used to trick a person into signing a contract, we can dispute it, which we are doing wholeheartedly."

Not sure why you're so bitter, I don't think you vacation enough. Perhaps switching to decaf will help your demeanor as well.

And, not that it's any of your business, we take a vacation every year, just not with these frauds. They will never get another dime of my money.

Interested in joining a class action for unscrupulous business practices by Blue Green and/or RCI. Especially interested in victims of these practices located in Oklahoma.

why don't you shut your mouth and take a vacation. the only reason your mad is because you bought something you cannot afford.

I don't even work for Bluegreen, but to say there program isn't fantastic only proves that you got in too deep.

I own 20,000 pts a year and I have done three weeks religiously for 6 years. Quit being cheap and realize no matter how you vacation its gonna cost money.

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.

Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.

to shu Atlanta, Georgia, United States #933884

I don't own bluegreen but I own timeshare because I can afford it. Some of the people that complain about timeshare got involved because they thought was going to be cheaper than a hotel, without realizing that sometimes it can be more expensive.

But if you want to travel to exotic places that would cost you money is worth it because you will spend less with timeshare. Timeshare is not for cheap people that love to sleep in a whole called motel six were is nasty. Is for people that wants better accommodations for their family and don't mind spend the same or a little more money.

My advise is if you don't vacation or like to be cheap and don't mind sleeping in nasty hotels then don't buy timeshare. Stop crying because you signed a contract with our reading it.

*** bags working for *** bags.

Kitty I will sell you my points real cheap.

Bear River City, Utah, United States #143177

I bought years ago and they never us to be like that. I love my program.

I'm very sorry to hear how you were treated.

They have changed since I bought mying. I have notice they are a lot different