Minneapolis, Minnesota

My experience with Bluegreen has been absolutely horrible and I regret that I ever signed a commitment to them. In the very beginning they offered us free flights and hotels as a bonus but we were NEVER ABLE to redeem them. After taking the bait and switch....First off, they failed to tell us that unless we commit to automatic payments the interest rate will be much, much higher. Secondly, they never told us renewing travelers plus after expiration would require us to UPGRADE AN ADDITIONAL 3000 POINTS. Thirdly when we upgraded they said our yearly maintenance would stay the same but everything has gone up in price. Booking time when we really need to is usually not an option; the available time slots seem to never be there when we need it.

There are many posts that praise Bluegreen but any person in a right mind would see through the deception. Do you personally know any owners who are delighted with their ownership? I don't know of a single soul who is but I would encourage you to do your own research and make your own conclusions.

I seem to remember some old forum posts somewhere that spoke of state attorney generals launching lawsuits against Bluegreen about upgrade deceptions and such. If you are unsatisfied with your ownership I would encourage you to contact your state AG to find out about any past, current or future legal action against them.

Comments

We can't take bluegreen neither they are full of *** they don't tell the truth about nothing I hate we purchase with them never again

No I do not work for Bluegreen ,please google bluegreen in the UK and you will find there are no offices etc and a 6000 mile daily round trip is a little bit too far.

Now we have got that out of the way, yes I do know lots of very happy owners ,and yes as with Cscvball I to have had run ins with them but have also got things sorted as with any company.

They do send a reminder when TP needs to be renewed and yes if you do not renew then change your mind at some later date you do have to upgrade but all this is very clear in the paperwork.

Why would anybody think MF would not go up if you increase your points, the problem is what you DO hear and what you think you hear. If you increase your number of points you MF will go down , NOT as a whole but the MF per point you own goes down due to only paying one base fee of $320 even if you have 3000 points or 300000 points in trust fund e.

To JD I have just been on the website which offers these deals and sorry if you read it all then all the conditions are clear, it is a cheap deal to get you to buy timeshare in the same way as every other timeshare company offers ..... no different

I just wish people would read before they call it a scam.... sorry folks but it is all there !!!!

To the original poster why did you buy a timeshare if you can not plan ahead .

Timeshare has been on the market since the 70's it is far more flexable than it use to be but poeple still do not do their homework .... they see a cheap deal and never consider why it is a deal .... just take responsibilty for your own action and stop blaiming somebody else because you only hear what you want to hear .

Thank goodness I read your posting. We were at a bass pro shop and was offered this deal,plus a free cruise.

If it sounds too good it usually is.

I had an uneasy feeling about this deal. Thanks again, 8 couples were going to take on this offer, but now we are not.

If it sounds too good it usually is.

If you read through your paperwork you would know about the automatic payments and the interest rates, it's there in black and white! Also, it mentions travelers p,us for one year, after that it is your responsibility to keep up with it, thus travelers plus sends you notices when it is due.

I have been a Bluegreen owner for ten years and it amazes me when people complain about not getting to use their points. Planning is important to usage. The fewer points you have the more you need to plan. Also some flexibility helps.

We always book a year out and Lways get where we want, actually took 12 vacations on 28,000 points last year.

No I am NOT a Bluegreen representative! I have had times where I was not 100% in agreement, but someone has always tried to help us when we brought it up in an update.