Minneapolis, Minnesota

Bluegreen knew what my income was and let me sign up. Now I can't get out of this. They told me that this wasn't a timeshare. I found out a month later this wasn't true.

I have several companies that want to buy my timeshare, but Bluegreen said that I couldn't. I would have to go with someone they recommend.

With the economy the was it is I couldn't afford it then, so I certainly can't afford it now. I may have to file bankrupt. I don't know what to do. I went to the resort in Wisconsin Dells.

Comments

Under no circumstances should you blame BG for purchasing something you cannot afford. Grow up!

Take responsibility! I am pretty sure they did not have a gun to your head.

Hanover, Minnesota, United States #17992

Personal financial responsibility is a reality, yes. Bluegreen's deceptive practices, however, are no one's personal responsibility. They tell you can sell your points, when in fact you can't.

IT IS BOTH PARTIES FAULT BECAUSE THEY DON'T TELL YOU EVERYTHING WHEN YOU GO TO THESE THINGS, THEY ONLY TELL YOU ENOUGH TO GET YOU TO SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE. THEN EVERYTHING ELSE COMES WHEN YOU GET BILLS IN THE MAIL FOR EXTRA FEES. BELIEVE THAT!

Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania, United States #14085

In all fairness to the consumer some of us just don't take into consideration just how permanent these timeshare purchases are, those sales reps can be very convincing. I too purchased one I could not afford and have researched selling my timeshare points only to realize they do not appreciate in value, in fact they depreciate signficantly.

In all fairness to Bluegreen I have to say that I have enjoyed staying at their condo's in St Augustine-Orlando-Myrtle Beach, those facilities I have stayed at have been very nice, but if I had to do it again I would definitely not purchase a timeshare. For what you pay in mortgage payments per year you can go on a very nice vacation each year at any resort of your choosing.

I caution you unless you have plenty of money to waste and don't mind buying something you will never be able to unload, DON"T BUY A TIMESHARE.

Union Gap, Washington, United States #13744

Its their job to sell timeshares, and your job to know your finances don't waste space on this site just because you can't judge what you can afford. I could probably get financed on a Ferarri somewhere is it someone elses fault when I can't make the payment?

Smiths Station, Alabama, United States #13726

It is not the responsibility of the company to make sure that you are making a wise financial decision. I have never been asked by Walmart, or any other retailer if I was sure that I could afford what I was purchasing.

That is my responsibility. If you could not afford it, you should have said no. We were strapped too, and bought it, but that is our fault, not Bluegreens. You knew when you went for the sales pitch what you were up against, just as if you were walking on a car lot kicking tires with holes in your pocket.

We have been back to the resort for the "up-your-points" sales pitch and then we did turn it down, because it was a horrbile time for us. Just dont blame others for your bad choices.