Charleston, South Carolina

I bought years ago in Charleston SC. My points are now worthless.

In order to book anything I would have to buy more points. Meanwhile the maintenance costs have risen and risen. It is essentially unsellable: Bluegreen is listed for sale on eBay for one dollar, free closing and transfer, without buyer interest. I am stuck with a lifelong maintenance fee for something I can't use.

This is a scam. You buy in, and quickly your points are worthless. You have to buy more points in order to use it. Pretty soon, those points require upgrading.

It is an endless userous cycle. Even promotional weekends are a scam.

They take your reservation fee and never follow up with a reservation confirmation. I have spoken with customer service many times, and they are uninterested at best.

Comments

scarlettt2014
Mishawaka, Indiana, United States #825100

I'm a very happy Bluegreen owner, and have been for 8 years. Why are you unable to book anything ?

How many points do you have ? I started out with 7,000 points and had some wonderful vacations with them.

I've added more points bought solely from the developer, and have 5 wonderful vacations every year. Perhaps you have not learned how to use them properly ?

I would say contact them and ask about procedures for them taking your deed back or getting a deed in lieu of foreclosure. If that doesn't work, just stop paying them.

They will probably send collectors after you, but after awhile they will go away. If you don't need to buy a car on credit, get a mortgage, or refinance in the near future, you can probably take the hit.

Check your credit reports free through the Federal Trade Commission web site (ftc.gov) to see if Bluegreen is even listed by the reporting agencies. In the meantime, save the money for a good vacation for yourself.