Santa Monica, California
1.1K views

I bought a 3 night package for $199 with the understanding that I would be staying at the location near Phoenix.

I was placed in a Courtyard/Marriott about 8 miles away. They said that they had overbooked their location. Marriott took my credit card for "incidentals" as is customary.

I did attend the presentation as was my responsibility but it wasn't for me so I didn't buy.

Upon checkout at Marriott I got a $0.00 balance checkout receipt showing no charges.

When I received my credit card statement, there were 3 charges for $25.02 each, one of which occurred a week after checkout.

I called Marriott and they said that Bluegreen does not pay room tax for off site stays.

I emailed Bluegreen on the company website and told them the situation, gave them my phone # & email and asked to speak with someone within 48 hours - no response.

The room tax was not disclosed unless it is in very small print but it should have been mentioned verbally.

So, the weekend was $75.06 more than I had budgeted and I'm mad.

My suggestion? Aviod Bluegreen if you want to avoid problems.

DO NOT GO TO BLUEGREEN OR RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE ELSE!

Tim, CA

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Package Booking.

Reason of review: Undisclosed tax charges.

Comments

Hi tim, i was just wondering if u got refunded with ur charges? I booked a 4days vacation on aug 14-17 but i heard negative reviews and thinking to cancel it.pls email me back

Oikikz@yahoo.com