17.9K views

This is to let everyone know that we did receive a refund from Bluegreen.The key is cancelling in the allotted time which varies from state to state so READ your contract and Owner's Kit immediately.

We were approached in a Bass Pro shop and offered a vacation if we would attend a Bluegreen timeshare presentation. Like idiots, we fell for the presentation and signed a contract to purchase. We were in Seiverville, TN. Back at the hotel, we looked thoroughly at the Owner's Kit they had given us.

It was a huge binder full of information. We realized that we did not want this timeshare and read further to see if there was a cancellation option. We found we could cancel in 10 days. Bluegreen NEVER mentioned one word to us about the buyer having a cancellation period.

Our presentation was on Saturday, 7/28/12. On 7/29/12 we returned the Owner's Kit to the presentation site and received a receipt for it. On 7/30/12 we typed and printed a cancellation letter at the local library using the language in the cancellation option. We had the letter notarized at a local bank.

We included a copy of the receipt for the return of the Owner's Kit, and sent the letter overnight to the address given in the cancellation option which was in Boca Raton, FL. We stopped payment on our check and notified our credit card company that we would dispute this charge should Bluegreen charge us. Bluegreen did charge our credit card. I called every Friday and was told each time that Bluegreen would (or had) cancelled the contract on 8/7/12.

I was told we would receive a refund on the credit card, but the times varied depending on to whom I was speaking. Some said 20 business days while others said 30-45 days, all beginning with Bluegreen's date of 8/7/12.

Eventually, we did receive a refund on the credit card on 8/30/12 which was not posted until 9/2/12.I just wanted to let those know who are waiting on a refund that Bluegreen did refund our money.

Review about: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1325936

Does anybody have a sample cancellation letter?k

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States #1313568

We visited Myrtle Beach and stayed at a nice condo courtesy of Bluegreen.All would have been well if we'd just nodded through their presentation and walked out, as we have many times before in similar presentations, but for some reason we were *** and fell for their spiel.

We signed up for a $17k package on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday morning I stopped by their sales office to say that I wanted to cancel the contract, and they told me it had to be sent in by certified mail to their Boca Raton office. I went straight to the post office and mailed the contract package back by certified mail, along with a signed letter saying that we were cancelling the contract. For good measure, on Thursday morning I sent another signed cancellation letter overnight by FedEx, along with copies of the first letter and a picture of the certified package taken at the post office.

The FedEx tracker confirms delivery of our cancellation letter, while the USPS website shows they attempted delivery but haven't been successful so far.I'll post back here with an update when Bluegreen issues a refund.

Bakersfield, California, United States #1268830

I sent a letter but I did not return the owner's kit.By not returning the Kit, did I waive my right to cancel?

I was surprised they didn't provide the revocation form with the contract folder.

I typed on up myself.I didn't even check if it was in the Kit package.

Plainfield, New Jersey, United States #1257161

What do you mean by "using the language in the cancellation option. "?

to Anonymous Bakersfield, California, United States #1268864

The wording is in the contract with bold letters.Please note that like in my case, I signed in Nevada which provides a 5-day cancellation window but I was provided an addendum because my resort is located in California which provided a 7-day window.

I just contacted Bluegreen and was told they received my letter and confirmed cancellation. Make sure you return your owner kit or you will be charged.

I had not sent mine and was told I would be charged for it unless I sent ASAP.They received my notice of cancellation on 1/10/17 and confirmed cancellation for 1/13/17.

Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States #1217724

This review helped us a lot! Thank you so much for the bery valuable info. We signed up for a timeshare in florida and I am glad I read all the pages of the contract in time---10 days to cancel timeshare---I mailed thru usps certified mail the packet/books that bluegreen gave us together with a cancellation letter that is notarized to make it 'more legal' and they returned my downpayment after 5 days of mailing letter and packet

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States #1216957

I just bought a vacation package 3 night stay in st petes and a 3 night cruise for $198 total.I honestly am smarter than to fall for these *** scams but they got me this time.

After reading the reviews I called them right back and demanded a refund. The guy was honestly very friendly, I immediately got a refund receipt emailed to me and said it would take 3-5 business days to have the $198 credited back to my account.

Has anyone else tried getting a refund on the vacation package?

to Anonymous #1304966

I am considering canceling a 3 day 2 night trip I just bought for $349 to Big Cedar in Branson, Mo. After reading the negative feedback about these tours, I am having second thoughts. I am in Arkansas and they didn't enclose any special instructions on canceling in Arkansas as the paperwork said they did.

to Anonymous #1457823

I am on here now feeling exactly as you are. I will be calling and cancelling my vacation package. I already know that I don't want to purchase a timeshare and I won't, but I now know I don't want to waste my time sitting through a 90 minute presentation either all for a two nights.

to Anonymous #1405897

Did you get a refund on vacation package?

to Anonymous #1428283

Is it possible to provide the phone # you called to cancel ?, and what was the reason you provided for cancellation?. Did you have to write a letter or over the phone was enough?.

Vancouver, Washington, United States #1211250

We are going to cancel as well.We saw the presentation and purchased this past Friday (Big mistake) in Nevada but were "assigned" the property in North Carolina.

We got the public offering statement for both Nevada and North Carolina - each say we have 5 days to cancel. The summary for the North Carolina property gave us the address and how to submit the cancellation notice within 5 days. The address that was given was in Boca Raton, Florida. Is that where everyone else is sending in their cancellation notice?

Thanks in advance!Also, it doesn't say anything about returning the welcome kit?

to Anonymous Bakersfield, California, United States #1268872

I was given this number: 800-456-2582

I was told to send the kit to where the time-share was purchased.I sent my letter to Florida.

My time-share was purchased in Nevada.I send both with signature confirmation of receipt and/or return receipt.

to Anonymous #1367254

I purchased 40 points in Myrtle Beach this week.After looking at the interest cost....DUH...I realized it was a bad deal.

My documents have a statement they follow SC law.I may cancel within 5 days and to mail it to Boca Raton.

Santa Rosa, California, United States #1189369

we are going through same thing I have the letter and I didn't think of notarizing letter through my bank. Thank you very much for that tip I will do that tomorrow.

Thanks so much for posting this. Sounds exactly like what happened to us.

PamL10

One thing ive learned over the years is you have to always be careful with timeshares most of them are scamming people in one way or the other.They got my parents sit through their presentation while on vacation and convinced them to buy into a timeshare.

Im sure it wasnst that difficult because my parents are pretty naive and are not hurting for money. To make a long story short they bought into the sales pitch. They ended up getting lied to about places they could use and ended up paying all kinds of fees. It was basically just a money trap for them.

So I did what I could to help them get there timeshare cancelled with emailing, calling, and whatever I could do. I was not getting anywhere so we decided to look for lawyers that could possibly help them. After a lot of research and talking to different law firms we narrowed it down to Aaronson Law Group and Finn Law Group! My parents liked Aaronsons plan to take care of it and that they specialize in timeshare cancellation so thats who they went with!

They took care of there case in just over 2 months which included the documentation, rescission, and credit restoration which was very important to them. Of course it was not free but my parents said it was worth every penny to get rid of this nightmare! I know there are people in similar situations so if you are I recommend you check some timeshare cancellation lawyers. Just make sure you do your research.

I hope this information can help someone in need!

Any questions about our experienced are welcome.These timeshare scams are absolute nightmares and i would not wish this *** on even my worst enemy!

We sent our letter to cancel on day four.We purchased Tuesday, (they said we can cancel til Tuesday the following week because they dont count business days.) Not sure if I am believing they count weekends because I saw a clause that said any day the company counts as fully functioning is considered a day.

UGH. Anyhow, they told us we purchased Tuesday and had til Tuesday the following week. But now doing the days I come up with Tuesday (day 1,) Weds (day 2), Thursday (day 3), Friday (day 4) (no counting Saturday, or Sunday) and Monday (day 5). So I believe they deceived us even by a day.

So we sent the letter Friday night certified, not notarized because it didnt mention that we had to have that. BUT it never mentioned anywhere that we have to return the books or incentives to cancel, but if we decided to, we could return them at our convenience. Is this true? Otherwise I need to run back up to the Wisconsin Dells by tomorrow to return this stuff.

Please help.TembieCastillo@aol.com

California, United States #1033825

So I guess we're screwed...we bought this thing last year thinking we would use it but fee after fee keeps popping up and our 15000 points doesn't get us even 2 nights anywhere we can afford to go. Help! How can I get rid of this?

to kat San Jose, California, United States #1224404

Kat, I am in the same situation.I bought this package 3 weeks ago and realized that it was a scam.

A lawyer advized me to file a complaint with the better business bureau and contact Nevada's state attorney General.

I'm sure that if more than one person contacts them, we'll have a stronger case.Please let me know if you'd like to connect.