16.3K views

This is to let everyone know that we did receive a refund from Bluegreen.The key is cancelling in the allotted time which varies from state to state so READ your contract and Owner's Kit immediately.

We were approached in a Bass Pro shop and offered a vacation if we would attend a Bluegreen timeshare presentation. Like idiots, we fell for the presentation and signed a contract to purchase. We were in Seiverville, TN. Back at the hotel, we looked thoroughly at the Owner's Kit they had given us.

It was a huge binder full of information. We realized that we did not want this timeshare and read further to see if there was a cancellation option. We found we could cancel in 10 days. Bluegreen NEVER mentioned one word to us about the buyer having a cancellation period.

Our presentation was on Saturday, 7/28/12. On 7/29/12 we returned the Owner's Kit to the presentation site and received a receipt for it. On 7/30/12 we typed and printed a cancellation letter at the local library using the language in the cancellation option. We had the letter notarized at a local bank.

We included a copy of the receipt for the return of the Owner's Kit, and sent the letter overnight to the address given in the cancellation option which was in Boca Raton, FL. We stopped payment on our check and notified our credit card company that we would dispute this charge should Bluegreen charge us. Bluegreen did charge our credit card. I called every Friday and was told each time that Bluegreen would (or had) cancelled the contract on 8/7/12.

I was told we would receive a refund on the credit card, but the times varied depending on to whom I was speaking. Some said 20 business days while others said 30-45 days, all beginning with Bluegreen's date of 8/7/12.

Eventually, we did receive a refund on the credit card on 8/30/12 which was not posted until 9/2/12.I just wanted to let those know who are waiting on a refund that Bluegreen did refund our money.

Review about: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1325936

Does anybody have a sample cancellation letter?k

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States #1313568

We visited Myrtle Beach and stayed at a nice condo courtesy of Bluegreen.All would have been well if we'd just nodded through their presentation and walked out, as we have many times before in similar presentations, but for some reason we were *** and fell for their spiel.

We signed up for a $17k package on Monday afternoon.

Tuesday morning I stopped by their sales office to say that I wanted to cancel the contract, and they told me it had to be sent in by certified mail to their Boca Raton office. I went straight to the post office and mailed the contract package back by certified mail, along with a signed letter saying that we were cancelling the contract. For good measure, on Thursday morning I sent another signed cancellation letter overnight by FedEx, along with copies of the first letter and a picture of the certified package taken at the post office.

The FedEx tracker confirms delivery of our cancellation letter, while the USPS website shows they attempted delivery but haven't been successful so far.I'll post back here with an update when Bluegreen issues a refund.

Bakersfield, California, United States #1268830

I sent a letter but I did not return the owner's kit.By not returning the Kit, did I waive my right to cancel?

I was surprised they didn't provide the revocation form with the contract folder.

I typed on up myself.I didn't even check if it was in the Kit package.

Plainfield, New Jersey, United States #1257161

What do you mean by "using the language in the cancellation option. "?

to Anonymous Bakersfield, California, United States #1268864

The wording is in the contract with bold letters.Please note that like in my case, I signed in Nevada which provides a 5-day cancellation window but I was provided an addendum because my resort is located in California which provided a 7-day window.

I just contacted Bluegreen and was told they received my letter and confirmed cancellation. Make sure you return your owner kit or you will be charged.

I had not sent mine and was told I would be charged for it unless I sent ASAP.They received my notice of cancellation on 1/10/17 and confirmed cancellation for 1/13/17.

Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States #1217724

This review helped us a lot! Thank you so much for the bery valuable info. We signed up for a timeshare in florida and I am glad I read all the pages of the contract in time---10 days to cancel timeshare---I mailed thru usps certified mail the packet/books that bluegreen gave us together with a cancellation letter that is notarized to make it 'more legal' and they returned my downpayment after 5 days of mailing letter and packet

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States #1216957

I just bought a vacation package 3 night stay in st petes and a 3 night cruise for $198 total.I honestly am smarter than to fall for these *** scams but they got me this time.

After reading the reviews I called them right back and demanded a refund. The guy was honestly very friendly, I immediately got a refund receipt emailed to me and said it would take 3-5 business days to have the $198 credited back to my account.

Has anyone else tried getting a refund on the vacation package?

to Anonymous #1304966

I am considering canceling a 3 day 2 night trip I just bought for $349 to Big Cedar in Branson, Mo. After reading the negative feedback about these tours, I am having second thoughts. I am in Arkansas and they didn't enclose any special instructions on canceling in Arkansas as the paperwork said they did.

to Anonymous #1405897

Did you get a refund on vacation package?

Vancouver, Washington, United States #1211250

We are going to cancel as well.We saw the presentation and purchased this past Friday (Big mistake) in Nevada but were "assigned" the property in North Carolina.

We got the public offering statement for both Nevada and North Carolina - each say we have 5 days to cancel. The summary for the North Carolina property gave us the address and how to submit the cancellation notice within 5 days. The address that was given was in Boca Raton, Florida. Is that where everyone else is sending in their cancellation notice?

Thanks in advance!Also, it doesn't say anything about returning the welcome kit?