San Jose, California

We just received a special assessment from Bluegreen resorts for our Club La Pension timeshare that we own one week in for $1584.oo. If every week were sold in a unit that means Bluegreen will receive over $80,000 per unit to renovate.

What are they going to do tear it down and rebuild it?

These cost are excessive and we haven't been given anything to show us where all this money is being spent. other owners in CLP please contact me at ajcringle@sbcglobal.net if you have any other information regarding this matter or would like to discuss this matter.

Comments

If you have owned for 17yrs the question you should be asking what has happened to all mthe mf you have paid or who has used those payments Bluegreen Vacation owners should not have to pay to put right a run down resort it is the responsibilty of all owners fixed weeks or otherwise

Ask the quest of the prvious managment what happened to your money

I am an owner. I was invited to use my week to stay the week before they condemed the building per Bluegreen.

Why would anyone want to spend a vacation in a building that was being condemed the next week? Any current info would be appreciated.

I'm not paying to renovate the air I own for one week of the year. Was this stipulation in our original contracts 17 years ago"?

If you are an owner at Club La Pension, NOLA and would like to join other owners in attempts to get accountability about the Bluegreen takeover of our resort,

e-mail shedhead2@cableone.net. See comment #7 below written by Julie DeAngelo for info about our facebook page. If you have suggestions for ways to find other owners, please let us know.

Please contact other owners at shedhead2@cableone.net if you are an owner or Lessee at Club La Pension, New Orleans and would like to join the efforts to get accountability. Also see Julie DeAngelo's info above (#7) about our Facebook Page.

If you know of ways to help us contact more owners, please offer. Thanks

:( I have been in contact with Zandrea Pfeiffer the in house manager for several months trying to get a copy of any contractor or architect estimates for these repairs. To date I have received nothing and am beginning to believe these estimates do not exist.

Check out the action taken in PA against Bluegreen and you will discover they may not be always above board.

Don't forget, our so called Board is made up entirely of people affiliated with Bluegreen. The only structural report I have received was done by a Bluegreen Maintenance man.

Count me in. Blue Green is attempting to extort this money.

Don't forget that the last building was totally gutted ten years a go and now they want to rebuild it again, come on. This won't stop until they get push back from the owners.

Has everyone forgotten about the $900+ "special assessment" in 2009!!!! If ANYTHING can be done to fight this I would like to know.

About 6 years ago, we agreed to purchase a vacation through , BlueGreen. Although the presentations were long, and the first place they put us in wasn't the best, the second place we stayed in was wonderfully clean, beautifully decorated, and full of amenities.

We did end up buying a unit at Cape Caribe, and have enjoyed one week there every summer since. After taking our parents there for needed vacations also, they are now wanting to purchase too. :) Maybe our family just got lucky? But my husband, son, and I look forward to our stay at Cape Caribe each summer after school lets out.

Cape Caribe has a lazy river, beautiful heateed swimming pools, kids activities, daycare, movie thater, restaurant, poolside bar, basketball and tennis courts, a huge, winding slide like you'd find at Wet n Wild, and a 2 minute trolley ride to our Cape Caribe's private beach, which I can also view from one of our two balconies also overlooking the pool, slide, and lazy river below us. The only problem we have ever had is just this year: I did not reserve my room a year in advance, so now there are no available units with in the month timeframe my family has to take our trip. So now we are having to deposit our week with RCI for the first time, and we will stay somewhere else.

But I doubt any place will compare with Cape Caribe. :(

Count us in. This is a shakedown imho.

Did they not purchase the correct insurance they were supposed to have with our maintenance fee's. Seems they owe us money if they failed to maintain the facility and now it's not available for our use.

Count us in. This is a shakedown imho.

Some of us have started a facebook page for this issue. It is under Club La Pension Owners.

We are filing charges with the LA Attorney General and other.

The people we can get to put pressure on Bluegreen, the better. Please join the site.