Louisville, Kentucky
1.9
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

Lured into promo package @ Bass Pro in Clarksville, bought sampler package. Tried booking room in Myrtle Beach, all filled up, so I opted for St.

Petersburg, FL, all filled up. Talked to sales rep (rip) at Bass Pro, a room in Myrtle Beach was miraculously found. Drove 10.5 hrs to stay at a Holiday Inn on beach where the hot tub and pool area closed at 10pm every night, checked into room. Went to use bathroom, spotted someone else's pubic hairs scattered around the floor and had to knock a cockroach off toilet paper.

Sales rep at presentation was nice, but her boss was a flashy and pushy smooth-talking turd who refused to pronounce my girlfriend's name correctly despite being told proper pronunciation 3 times. Bought 9000 pt sampler membership for $895, never had chance to use pts. 2 weeks ago Bluegreen started calling me to see if I wanted to rent out my points. I said sure, wht not.

They told me I had to pay another $900 to list points for rent, but points should rent out for total of $5400. I asked if they could deduct listing fee from income on pt rental and no, have to pay up front, there's no guarantee pts will be rented.

There's just a lot of fishy *** about Bluegreen - they present a very polished image but underneath they're a pretty big turd. Total cost with them for 5 days in Myrtle Beach: $1,300 for a room that had near-biohazard housekeeping and ran me out of the hot tub at 10:00 every night.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Package Booking.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

We had something like this happen to us. We had gotten a phone call saying we could change over our unused points in money.

My husband thought this didn't sound quiet right but we had an up coming vacation in Myrtle Beach so we decided to go to the high pressure meeting to see if there was any truth to this. Needless to say the girls claimed this was a scam that they were getting ready to send letters out to BlueGreen owners to warn them and the only way to transfer our points over to gift cards gas cards fyler miles ect. was that we would have to upgrade again which would be another ten thousand dollars! I just got on the bluegreen website to try to book a vacation and saw they do have something where you can convert your unused points to gas cards gift cards ect.

but guess what--another $35! Another thing we have seen them do is claim that they had came to a town close to our home and that somehow our name had been signed as though we had attended. It was called a chicken dinner that offered some great refinancing with an upgrade at the same or lower payments. They claimed that since it was clear to them that we weren't there "because they were sure that they would have remembered us" that they were obligated to offer us the same thing that every one else had been offered since our name was on the list and we weren't there.

Funny thing we had the same kind of story 2 other times at the same Blue Green info meeting! Whatch Out!