I became a blue green member in November of 2014. I bought an $8600(3000) point membership.

I shared this membership with my exwife. We divorced about a year later. We agreed to share our blue green membership. I would use 1500 points.

She would use the other 1500 points. My exwife went out and bought another blue green membership on her own while we were divorced. Blue green allowed her to link her new account to our shared account which meant i was paying taxes and maintenance on an account I never signed for or consented to. I made blue green aware of what was going on.

I talked to a few different customer service people who could not really help. I finally had someone assigned to the issue. I just wanted the accounts separated and unlinked from each other. The rep acted like she was going to help and said she had the authority to do whatever was needed to make it right.

I was hopeful something might happen. She never got back to me. There was 3 weeks of silence. I had to email this person again to find out what was going on.

Her solution was to just have myself or my exwife pay $450 to sign the title over to one or the other. The blue green rep even suggested not paying my taxes and maintenance and just walking away. I did not want to do that because it would hurt my credit. I spoke to blue green for months about this issue and no one helped or cared about it.

With all the money I invested I thought surely they could do something. I feel like I could have sued blue green. I chose to just sign my title over to my exwife and not have anything to do with blue green anymore. They clearly do not care about their members but have no problem taking a large amount of money from you to sign on with them.

Their sales are high pressure and they are always wanting you to upgrade more when you stay at their resorts. I feel they should at least give me my money back but am done talking to them.

I just booked my summer vacation on vacationrentals.com. At least I dont have outrageous taxes and fees by doing that.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: My exwife bought another account and linked to mine. It was not right i was paying for her maintenance and taxes.

Comments

Blue Green had never tried to resolve my issues they created. I spoke to a lawyer.

He basically said Blue green resorts is basically legalized fraud. They have been sued by the attorney generals of Florida and Pennsylvania. We need some kind of legislation to protect us from these timeshares that steel our money. On top of blue green cheating out of my money.

They sold my name to a company that acted like they were going to sell my timeshare because they knew I was unhappy and this company stole $1600 from me.

If any company acts like they want to sell your timeshare and wants money up front....it is a scam. They posed as paramount properties in Florida

Bluegreen Resorts Reviews