1.4K views

Recently in Orlando during an owner's update, i was told in order to reduce my maintenance fees i need to purchase more points. The cost of the points was $10,000.

This would reduce MF from $800 to $483 annually.

After I refused the mgr was called in to talk. He explained that because I've had my unit for over 10 years, I was under an old program and the Bluegreen Vacation Club had the new offers. After about 30 mins.

& sticking to my guns refusing to not spend another penny with them, I was told to leave. No one could answer why I am being penalized by paying higher MF or why I can't ever get accommodations in certain buildings at the facility.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

These jerkoffs called me and told me to go to *** ,I told them to knock it off ,he said no , until I paid !!! I said keep it up and I'll drive down to see you

I just signed up for a tour, I have no intention of fucken buying any fucken timeshares!!!!!! But if these fucken *** suckers try harassing me or my family I will break their fucken jaw in 4 pieces ~~~ Warning to you *** sales reps !!

Don't *** with me ..Or you will have fucken Cement Shoes on !!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #574688

JB..... I too griped about the Maintenance fees that would mysteriously increase each year.

I TOO was told I would have to buy more points to LOWER my fees. Each owner's update we went to was nothing but pressured sales and intimidation. I was also told when I COMPLAINED about not getting access to the cabins that we were going to have to BUY more points to be up HIGHER on the list. Talk about making us feel like low on the totem pole.

NEVER EVER will I go back to being a Bluegreen owner. Just the thought of being called an OWNER makes me laugh.

to DUPED #588604

My wife and I bought almost two years ago. We love it.

We have used it 18 times and looking for are next one now. We own at Big Cedar. We have been to many of the resorts that Bluegreen owns and a few with RCI. I have booked all of them on the days we wanted but one. I had to move it two days to get the one we wanted. We have stayed in cabins, 1, 2, 3 bedroom condos. We are heading to Disney in 3 weeks. We booked that about 3 months ago.

I think if you know how to use it you can stay where you want when you want.

..... USE COMMON SENCE...... If it's the week of July 4th you need to book as soon as you know you want to go to that resort. If you think your going to get a 3 bedroom cabin two weeks before the week of the 4th, your probably not going to get it.

As for the Maintance fees. That is the insurance, taxes and upkeep of the property.

Do you think you could have a two bedroom condo with 4 and 5 star amenities for less taxes, insurance and upkeep for what you pay??

My parents owned a two bedroom condo that did not have half the things you get at most of the Bluegreen resorts and paid almost twice what I pay for 18000 points.

If we keep using it like we have we will have paid very little to stay at 4 and 5 star resorts over the years.

If I break down how much it cost us per night of stay. It costs about $63.50 a night.

Can you stay at a Motel 6 for that?????

to KP New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #692204

You are either a shill hired by Bluegreen to make them sound great or you have a ton of points in order to stay 18 times in two years! We have 13000 points a year and can only stay for one week with those points..18 trips in a year? c'mon...

to surfrog #1089047

Not true at all^^^^...we only have 6,000 points bi-annually...and average 4 trips over that span of time...We travel on weekends...book Monday through Friday...and book mostly off seasons (spring break and new years since I am a teacher...) We have gone to St. Pete's, Daytona, Myrtle (sea glass tower) Gatlinburg, pigeon forge and Shenandoah crossing...And if you read, he wasn't saying he used it 18 times over 2 years...If we did mostly short trips..and I was prudent and wise...I could use my 6,000 points for at least 6 or 7 trips over a 2 year stretch...And no I am not a "shill"...just intelligent and prudent...