Washington, District Of Columbia

Bluegreen at Club La Pension New Orleans, LA expecting Maintenance fees based on budget sent out in October 2010--Due January 1, 2011. On January 5, 2011 (after maintenance fees due) received letter saying were closing the resort down for a year and were going to charge a special assessment of $1584 per week.

No billing for the special assessment and not budget.

Resort will be closed and have not issued a true budget for the maintenance fees just said the special assessment would be larger if they did not charge the maintenance fees. Charged another special assessment a few years ago. Damage then and now existed prior to June 2008 when Bluegeen and original Developer's heir entered into a deal, failed to preserve our timeshare records, etc., and are passing the costs on to the owners/consumers.

If you are Bluegreen owner at Club La Pension, New Orleans or if you have similar experience with Bluegreen Contact shedhead2@cableone.net with your information. I and others are owners.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Deal.

Comments

We've owned our FIXED week at La Pension since 1982. Fees gradually went up; but since BLUE GREEN entered the scene they have gone up faster than ever.

And they ALWAYS hassle us over whether we really have a fixed week because ours in during the first week of JAZZFEST.

The $1584 fee is out of control; we only have our unit 8 more years (if we get to go this year?!?) but we still owe the same as everyone else; which is wrong to start with. I'm outraged and looking for answers, lawsuits, anything to help with this mess.

I do not understand why I bother to answer you, Amazon. It is a little difficult to figure out exactly what you are saying, the spelling is slightly lacking and you put up an angry defense.

I have black and white figures for both 2010 and 2011 to prove that the maintenance fees doubled and many other owners do also. If yours did not, then you are fortunate.

I have not lied about one thing. All of these things have happened to my husband and me and from the looks of other comments, they have happened to others too. We would be happy to sell our points, but even though the salespeople said they would always hold their value, they are selling for pennies on the dollar. We would sell for a dollar a point, which is about a third of what they are going for now, but we hate to be taken again on the sale of seemingly worthless property.

If you are happy with what you have, great, but don't try to tell others what they should think and feel until you have walked in their shoes.

travelnan you tell lies my mf did not double this year and I know this to be true so what is the point in your lies

Why should I pay for repairs to a resort that Bluegreen bought a few years ago the former owners must of used your mf for something but in certainly was NOT used to maintain the fbric of the resort

and no I do not work for Bluegreen why is it when happy owners question your lies that you all jump to the wrong conclusion that we/I work for Bluegreen.

I/we know how to use BGVC wI/we are happy with it and have had many many good vacations out of it.

So please do not tell lies , all this does is show you up for what you are. If you have a complaint then be honest or is it that deep down you know that it is your own fault if that is so then take resposibilty for your own actions.

travelnan

What is wrong with you, amazon? How can you defend a company who lies, doesn't keep promises, scams innocent people and charges exhorbitant fees at will?

Do you work for Bluegreen or are you a billionaire who doesn't care how you spend your money? This doesn't just happen in New Orleans. It's all over. Maintenance fees doubled this year and they had the nerve to say it's because many people were delinquent and weren't paying.

This company needs to look in the mirror. Either change their lying sales pitches or come through with their promises.

These are not just complaints and whining that these people are writing. They are happening to far too many owners and that's why people are saying enough is enough!

it seems to me that your anger should be directed at the former owners who have spent all you MF over the years on what ?

TJ you are correct who wants a timeshare that leaks pay the sa and stop moaning , by the way the statement above also is true for you.

You should be thankful that the Bluegreen Vacation club as taken up the slack just imagine how much it would cost if they had not.

Also if you think you are being ripped off what about the owners of BGVC who have never been there and still paying

I own a time share at Club La Pension that I have only been able to use 1 time. I am so sick of paying and paying and not getting anything for it.

This assessment has drove me over the top i am trying to sell it - But who wants a time share that has water leaking issues? :( If you know of anybody who wants to pick up the assesment I'll give them mine for FREE!