Bluegreen called and offered a 3 night 4 day stay in one of their new luxury hotels for $150. They had several cities/locations to choose from & I was given a year before it expired.

The guy I spoke to initially, said my husband and I would be expected to take a survey (NO mention of timeshare) about the luxury, amenities, etc... of the hotel.

The guy I spoke to more recently informed me of their newest "hotel" in San Antonio (we live in Texas). Told me I could upgrade to a resort for an extra $200+ .

Then he said to sure and call 2 weeks before our scheduled date to avoid a $200 rescheduling and no show fee of $200.

Does ANYONE know if there are actual hotels owned by this company?

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Truthful answers would be great..

Comments

I don't think they actually own the vacation locations. From my understanding of the sales pitch we went to, they have some type of contract between other vacations rentals and themselves.

If you still have time to go to the presentation, go and get whatever the free offer was. We got a three night stay for about $55 and a cruise. We had to upgrade to sail out of our home port in Tampa $200 and pay the port fees and taxes.

We knew about the fees beforehand and we knew that we had the option to upgrade. The cruise is costing us a little more than $300 less than we normally pay for our cruises.

BlueGreen is a timeshare resort. As with other developers, some units are sold as timesharess, while other units are operated as hotel rooms.