Richmond, Virginia

I requested a document from them to turn into the bank because I am refinancing my house. Well 6 weeks later and after 5 or 6 phone calls from me, I finally received the correct document.

Well the lock on my loan had expired and I had to pay to extend it. So I was going to get back about $800 originally, but instead I had to pay $1000 out of pocket to close the loan. I am planning a wedding and honeymoon and I had to use money for that to close on the loan. I called Bluegreen to complain about the issue and the "manager" I spoke to basically said it was my fault.

All she did was offer to give me points to use during off seasons that would expire in a year. Well I am using all my vacation time for the wedding and honeymoon, so I wont be able to use them.

So she did nothing for me except telling me it was my fault and I was out of luck.

For a company that prides themselves on customer service, they sure did drop the ball on this one.

Comments

After you refinance the house, stop paying Bluegreen (especially if you don't need to buy a car, if you already have a home equity loan in place, or if you have the cash for a car). Ride out the credit hit.

Change your credit card and/or bank account numbers so they can't automatically debit.

Tell them to send you a deed in lieu of foreclosure or just to pound sand. These memberships are totally not worth it, if you haven't figured it out already.