5500 Gulf Blvd, St Pete Beach, FL 33706, USA

Ran into someone representing Bluegreen at St. Petersburg, FL home show.

He suggested that I attend Bluegreen's sales presentation and I responded that I am not interested in a timeshare but I was interested in purchasing a condo in St. Pete. He said the sales presentation was for 90 minutes plus more if I expressed an interest and that they were selling pre-construction condos. I repeated that I needed to be sure this was not a timeshare presentation and he assured me it was not.

I was promised a $100 visa gift card plus the refund of a $40 deposit I made on my CC. Within a few minutes from the start of the presentation I realized it was about timeshares and not condo sales. I figured I may as well stick it out to the end, 90 minutes for $100. At the end of 90 minutes I was subjected to an additional 2 hours of attempts to sell me on various packages despite the fact I continually told them NO, NO, and NO.

I did cost accounting for 35 years in connection with my business and it would literally take me weeks to figure out whether Bluegreen was a worthwhile purchase. How someone can make a purchase like this in one afternoon is beyond my understanding.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Not surprised. They totally lied to me about what and when I would receive the gifts after the presentation and property viewing.

Thank God I didn’t sign up for their point based timeshare system, what a joke! They must hire ex-cons or just generally low ethical people in general.