3409 Winfield Dunn Pkwy, Kodak, TN 37764, USA

I took my family to Pigeon Forge a few weeks ago. Initially, we paid the $298 for a three night stay and later promised a 5 night cruise, two night vacation and $200 on a card to spend on meals. So I took a chance on them. What can it hurt? I get $200 in meals afterwards, right?

Then I paid for an upgrade of $210 plus taxes to stay at a water park (I am not staying in a Sleep Inn for our yearly family vacation). We sat through the 2 hour presentation (which is impressive for suckers). Turns out that you will be there a lot longer because they want to walk you through a tour. Not sure about anyone else, but I don't have time for this on a vacation (especially a three night one).

When we left the tour center, they gave us our vacations and meal cards. It turns our that the two "free vacations" require a deposit and an additional $300 per person for the cruise, plus port fees and taxes.

The cruise is also hard to schedule. You are supposed to give them three dates and let them pick for you, but they won't let you know until right before the vacation. I need more planning than that.

The meal cards turned out to be Dining Dough. It sucks!

Can't use it just anywhere. The only place to use it in my town is at a singles bar!

Overall, the hotel came out around the same price as if I paid for it outright. I lost half a day with my family. I guess I wouldn't be so upset, it's a chance I took, but the Dinning Dough rip off really gets to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Package.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments