8.2K views

Please don't believe the "free cruise" pitch from Blue Green -

Total scam - we had to pick 3 different cruise dates and pay $100 deposit. Then 2 months later - after you finally jump through hoops (get your certificate - get registered etc etc), you get an email saying you can now call to reserve. We just called - they try to upsell you. The freebee isn't really free - you have to pay about $500 total for 2 people for "agency fees" plus you also have to pay tips. Then do you want to pay around $500 to upgrade to a better interior cabin or X for ocean view or Y for balcony. I said no upgrade.

They then search my 3 dates that I had to select months ago - 3/8 or 5/3 or 6/9 - surprise - NO CABINS AVAILABLE. They then said there was only ONE SAILING DATE AVAILABLE - COME ON - ONLY ONE DATE IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS?!?!?

She said if I had upgraded, then maybe a cabin would be available. So - they want you to pay $1000 for 2 people for a 5 day cruise - you can go online and get the exact same cruise for $800 or less !!!!!! What a scam!!!!

Comments

I'm skippy this timeshare vacation scam. Were only out 159 at this point.

I rather pay for a nice hotel o the beach, or for a cruize. Thanks but, I'm skipping out on this bs.

My wife and I used bnlue green for their cruise before and we only paid $250 for the both of us. We paid $150 uup front but got back $150 In food credit, so that ended up being a wash.

All in all it was def cheaper than buying direct because you wouild still have to pay for tips and taxes and port fees regardless. Gotta think sometimes.

Dummy, same if you buy direct from Carnival: Upgrades cost extra, tips required, etc...

to Anonymous #1434326

Oh it’s you, the Bluegreen decepticon. You are busy on this forum!

to Anonymous #1455311

Thank you lol these people don't get it

Saint Augustine, Florida, United States #934408

I had the same thing happen to me. Tried to book my cruise and they said I had to pay $186 per person and that was for a bunk bed room.

I am 65...I am NOT going to sleep in a bunk bed. I then asked how much extra I would have to pay for a room with outside access and he told me it would cost me an extra $1000!

I almost choked! I then said I can take this same cruise for $1093 and you are telling me that my "free" cruise would cost me over $1300....no thanks!

Newport, Minnesota, United States #816029

I almost got scammed by Bluegreen Resorts. I got a phone call congratulating me for winning a four day stay at a Bluegreen Resort and a four day cruise.

I was informed the offer could be taken any time during the next two years. To my surprise they asked me for my credit card details to charge $199 for two persons as a deposit to hold the reservations and that this amount would be refunded. I was quite sceptical about this offer, why was I being asked to put a deposit on something that I had won.

I asked Bluegreen to send me some documentation on the offer and give me time to think about it.

I was told documentation will be mailed after receipt of payment and were reluctant to give me any time to think about it and kept pressing me for the payment.

I told them I was uncomfortable with the offer and they can forget about it.