Washington, District Of Columbia

I admit I work for Bluegreen Resorts and I, like any consumer, read reviews. I am astonished by the ignorance of some of the people who post reviews. Lets be honest and look at the truth about these packages. Most people pay $49.00 for a two night hotel stay in a standard 3 star hotel room. They are required to attend a tour of at least 90 minutes and they receive a gift certificate for at least $50.00 which covers the $49.00 they have paid.

The company is not a cheap vacation program. The object of the package is for TIMESHARE SALES. People must sign for most package purchases and must INITIAL beside all of the requirements. Yet, they often complain about it afterwards. Either they don't read what they sign or they expect everything for free. What do you expect for free?? A five star hotel?? Common sense has taken a backseat to ignorance as far as I'm concerned. Yes, every company will have people who may be dishonest but that is the exception and not the norm.

The truth is that these tours are how average American's make a living. Nothing in life is free and if you think it is then you do not live in the real world.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

West Allis, Wisconsin, United States #11844

My husband and I just got back from a "free" B/G vacation, and I have to agree 100% with the B/G employee here... We knew exactly what to expect when we paid the $49 for our weekend in Charleston.

We were respectful and interested during the sales presentation, we were even interested up to a point, but as soon as it became clear to us that they couldn't offer us a value we could live with, we said our thanks yous, our good-byes and left. Yes, they tag-teamed a bit (they've spent a lot of money to try to make this sale) but again, that's to be expected. We got our $50 gift cards, enjoyed our weekend in Charleston and went home happy. Consumer websites are always one-sided since folks are more eager to complain than commend.

Just remember folks, there's no such thing as a completely free lunch - but these "bate & snare" vacations come pretty close if you just take it for what it is.

Time shares aren't for everybody but they DO work for some people. It's worth a couple of hours of your time to find out if it works for you, and apparently it's worth $300-$400 to the companies to try to get your business, so don't be embarrassed about taking the bait w/out swallowing the hook.

Ashford, Washington, United States #10820

What are the partner hotels they put us in on the Las Vegas strip prior to the CLub 36 preview presentation?