3.1K views

Bluegreen oversells their property and tries to get back their deeds to Wilderness Club at Big Cedar at Ridgedale, MO, without telling you at first blush. Don't be tricked into buying more points, you will regret it, because they are actually trying to acquire old deeds back.

Purchase price of your deeds for virtually pennies over what you originally paid for them. No gain, no profit for you~Sales people are good, customer service reps are rude and of no value, your money is their only interest.

Buyer beware!!

You can take alot of vacations without being handcuffed by Bluegreen and their Availability! It is ridiculous!

Comments

Our family enjoyed it, but now that everyone's gone their different ways I want out. I would gladly sell it for the transfer fee.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1187247

Email me and I will sell you my bronze membership (16,000 points) for $1. I am serious. sillygirl81@hotmail.com

You can take a lot of LOVELY vacations if you take the time to learn how to use your points.

We signed up awhile ago. Worst financial mistake we've ever made.

Sales rep claimed we got a deal because we were buying a timeshare that was sold back by a client that could no longer use theirs. Said we could do that if we didn't love it. He out and out lied. Of course...I have no proof.

It is not listed in the 100's of pages of paperwork they flipped through. I am tempted to have some friends go down with a hidden camera to catch their lies on tape.

The maintenance fees have jumped from $600 to almost $1000 for something we never use.

Every time I try to book the condos that we were told had a 90% availability rate...seems we can only get one night-mid-week. Major scam...Bass Pro should be embarrassed.

to Anonymous #1137428

It is Bluegreen's fault you have not used your points ? We have had our points since 2006, and the fees have not increased as you've indicated.

There is no reason for you not to be able to get most places 11 months in advance. If you are waiting until the last minute, that's why you are having trouble. And you have to book two nights minimum, so you would not be able to get one night mid week as you stated.

Hundreds of pages of paperwork ?

Another gross exaggeration. On top of which, you were recorded going over things point by point, just like the rest of us were.

My guess is you've never read all the FAQs on their website or joined any of the groups online.

to Scarlettt Corona, California, United States #1187959

do you work for bluegreen or something cause i brought into them as well and 75% of what was told to me were lies. I am looking to do a lawsuit to get out of my contract and would advise not to buy with them and just do presentation and get the gifts

to Anonymous #1357133

I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR LIKE 10-12 YEARS NOW. I UPGRADED 3 TIMES I LOVE THERE PROGRAM, LOVE ALL MOST ALL OF THE BEAUTIFUL PLACES THEY HAVE, LOVE THE FLEXIBILITY YOU HAVE WITH THEM....THEY HAVE TOLD ME OUTRIGHT LIES AND I DO THINK MY MAINTENANCE FEES ARE TOO HIGH.

OVER ALL TO ME AND MY FAMILY THEY ARE WORTH IT. (EXCEPT FOR THE LIES) LOL

Scarlettt

I have found customer service reps to be very helpful.

Lots of generalizations made in that post.

Join an online group of happy owners, you'll learn a lot.

to Scarlettt Corona, California, United States #1187961

were could i find the group of happy owners i would love to learn anything positive about bluegreen.

to Scarlettt #1357135

I WOULD LOVE IT..... I AM A HAPPY OWNER AND WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT WHERE I CAN GET MORE HELPFUL GENERAL INFO

I think their customer service keeps getting better and better. We love our Bluegreen, as does my son, who pays the maintenance fees on, for the 10,000 points I let him use each year.

He and his family LOVE it.

I'll never understand, how folks, like Debbie, in another post , are surprised that when they buy more points their maintenance fees go up.

At the end of the sale, they go through things point by point, and the price of the maintenance fees PER POINT is clearly stipulated.

Gas goes up, electricity goes up, water goes up, so do maintenance fees, unfortunately.

I have been a Bluegreen owner since 1999. We initially bought a bare minimum point pkg, to be deposited in our account every other year. We quickly found out it wasn't enough points to do anything with, and forget about getting a reservation where you want, or in the timeframe you want. We we told on our next update this was because we didn't purchase enough points to work with. So we bought more points. Yes, they do not tell you every time you buy more points your maintenance fees go up. We then started to learn how and use our vacation membership. It was not easy, and seemed very complicated.

We since upgraded one more time. We had all the reasons why we were not going to upgrade at the presentation, but we got talked into it. We now pay $1300 a year for maintenance fees! A family member asked me couldn't I get a condo somewhere for less than that? The answer is yes, but this is what is has transpired to. The only way to recover some of the cost of maintenance fees is to rent out days or weeks at resorts. So I will be pre-paying my 2014 maintenance fees so I can borrow the points and rent out some weeks.

You can't charge too much because you can rent a million different vacation spots for a reasonable amount online.

Anyway, what being a Bluegreen vacation owner does for us is to insure that we do take much needed vacations. When the points are deposited into my account, that's when we decide where and when we want to go. We've had some really nice vacations at the Bluegreen resorts. One positive thing I love about the Bluegreen vacation club is that it will be handed down to my son. He can then rent some weeks out to cover the maintenance fees and also enjoy it with his family. Good luck to all Bluegreen owners.

to Debbie Madisonville, Tennessee, United States #1321886

I made the same mistake.

to Debbie #1357137

WE DID THE SAME THING..LOL.. LOOKING BACK NOW BEFORE BLUEGREEN I HARDLY EVER VACATIONED.

THANK GOD BLUEGREEN CHANGED THAT. THAT BEING SAID I PAY ABOUT 1500.00 FOR MAINTENANCE FEES AND YOUR RIGHT I CAN GET A CONDO FOR THAT...ONLY ONE THOUGH.. I STILL HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ON MAINTENANCE FEES... THEY SHOULD JUST LET ME CLEAN UP MY DAM SELF..

WHAT CONDO DID YOUR FRIEND GET (NONE IS MY GUESS) BECAUSE THAT WAS ME. NOW I TAKE MY FRIENDS

to MAFFY #1363939

You also are paid by blue green for your rhetoric

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #692783

Hi all: We purchased deeded property at Wilderness Club at Big Cedar 10 years ago. Because we live in Oklahoma, Branson locations are the only Bluegreen properties that are within driving distance.

We intended to use our deed exclusively at Big Cedar. This plan worked great the first 3 years. Since then, we moved up to Silver status. I am now allowed to call in to be put on a waiting list 14 months in advance.

At first,that worked great. The last 3 years, despite calling ahead by 14 months, I have been unable to get a reservation at the Wilderness Club during school breaks. Unfortunately, I see many units for rent on Ebay/Craigslist for $50 a night.

We are very unsatisfied at this point. Any ideas?

to Datchley #692791

I can tell you exactly what is happening,Datchley. It's one of my pet peeves.

Renting out Big Cedar over prime times has become BIG business for lots of people who own Bluegreen. This past 4th of July I was told that one individual had 24 weeks he rented out that week, with another 79 weeks rented out in July and August. Allegedly, Bluegreen is well aware of it, and has been working to change that from happening.

mrskk89@yahoo.com if you want to talk more. Things need to change.

to mrskk89 Los Angeles, California, United States #1236822

Please mail me @alasbl@aol.com

to Datchley #1137431

The waitlist is as follows : Bronze 12 months, Silver 13 months, Gold 14 months, Platinum 15 months in advance.

If you are trying to rent a cabin, that will be hard to do, during school breaks. Those units you see are people trying to make money renting, don't get me started on that..

Email me for some suggestions, I am a very happy owner !

scarlettt1@hotmail.com