Saint Augustine, Florida
Resolved

My husband and I have been Bluegreen Resort owners for over 10 years and had been satisfied with their service until now.Last December we were in St.

Augustine Florida at the Golf Resort and we were called by their sales staff to come in. Now in the past we had not went but they stated that there were new things that Bluegreen was doing to make it worth us at least listening. Rob was the sales person we spoke with and he let us that if we combined our points that we could use them to help pay our maintenance fees each year. Well when I call Bluegreen to request to use my points towards our fees I was told that I would need to be a Silver member and that it wouldn't help much even if we were Silver members.

We were terribly upset because we felt lied to. The whole reason we considered combining our two contracts was to be able to use the points towards the fees. We were told repeatedly and asked about the points towards fees new offer and we were reassured that it would be great for us to have to benefit. Rob will not return my phone calls and Bluegreen doesn't care because they know we cannot sell the contracts or at least get our money back.

We went from a couple that really enjoyed using Bluegreen to a couple that wishes we had never started to be members. Oh, don't fall for the free gifts that they are giving as a sign up bonus. The free cruise, 4000 additional points, free picture, they are all a big disappointment.

Just like Bluegreen Resorts!!!!If we only trusted our first judgement and not went to the sales office that day.

Review about: Upgrades And Ownership.

I didn't like: That they are not holding up to they sales peoples statements.

Quality of Accommodation
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Food
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $3000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Bluegreen Resorts?

Comments

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1239351

My wife and I are in the same boat. Moved up to Silver members, and THEN found out our points were worth $.01 each to help offset maintenance fees. We were told that our points would cover the fees, not a fraction of them.

to Anonymous Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States #1316650

Thank goodness for these reviews.We just came back from a timeshare presentation at Blue green resort in Myrtle Beach.

The initial rep that contacted us, told us that we would be staying on the beach with an ocean view, when we arrived at the Clarion, it was far from the breach and not at all what we were offered.

The presentation took 4 hours, and it felt more like a rape commercial where my husband and I kept saying "No means No".We didn't buy, primarily based on the initial introduction to the company was based on lies, nowhere to go from there.