Saint Petersburg, Florida
1.2K views

So i got the call today that Bluegreen was celebrating their 49th? anniversary by giving out 4 day/3 night all expense paid stays in hotels they were affiliated with and a 4 day/3 night expense paid cruise as well.

I entertained the thought for a bit while he listed off all the potential places and fun i'd be having. Asked me had I ever been to St. Petersburg FL before, shortly after having confirmed that my sweepstakes entry was pulled from a St. Petersburg movie theater drawing ...

go figure. Then It gets to the part where I apparently have to front money to reserve a spot at one of the 2hr tour/showings of their properties (where im sure they try to sell me something), but supposedly the cost of the package is well worth it. I paused, he asked me "does that sound ok?" "what is it youre not sure about?", i told him i wasnt sure about fronting the money when i had no idea or plan to travel just yet, and then I was promptly hung up on. I have to think I dodged a bullet there.

Now my only complaint, really, is that it was a rude gesture and gave insight to their *** poor business practices. I guess I wasnt falling into the trap and was wasting their time so I was pushed away?

Im considering taking it out on places that affiliate with them since I cant very well do anything to them directly. I dont even know if they really exist.

Preferred solution: The company needs to find a better way to advertise its properties. The amount youre scamming people for probably barely pays the salary of the guys you have in the call center doing the scamming. And no property was sold!.

Bluegreen Resorts Pros: Cared enough to call.

Bluegreen Resorts Cons: Only cared about my deposit.

• Bluegreen Sucks

Comments

Bluegreen called me today with the same 49th anniversary claim. I also thought maybe I misread the "sweepstakes" (win a 4 wheeler) Drawing I filled out on a whim at the mall so I listened for a while.

However, it began to feel highly suspect when the woman made comments which paralleled my own life ("I don't take vacations, I'm 30 years old and have kids, so if I'd won this chance I would be so excited!"... Surprise! I'm a 30 year old mother too...). She was also trying to "sell me" on this "prize".

After realizing I was not going to be participating in the "offer" she was cut off mid sentence by her "manager", which is when my real fun began. I highly recommend questioning the selection process of their "lucky winners". I was told they "didn't need college kids swinging from the chandeliers". When I asked whether or not they just send a pile of entry slips to a remote employee's house to cold-call, he laughed and asked if his boss set him up to talk to me to prank him.

I politely hung up.

Final word: remember, don't give your credit card information over the phone to anyone. :)

I too received a call stating I was eligible for a 4 day, 3 night stay with a 4 day, 3 night cruise the following my first stay. Again, they wanted me to front the money....I hung up.

Really folks, winning something and then asking to front money. I see SCAM all over this.

He was only trying to get to the next sucker (er winner) who might want to go through their 90 minute (3-4 hr.) sales tour (er high pressure pitch). No offense to you - you just expressed so much doubt (conviction) that you were not ready to be sold (screwed). Congratulations, you are actually a winner (smart).

Bluegreen Resorts Reviews