Columbia, South Carolina

Bluegreen sales reps make all kinds of verbal promises they do not honor,at leat to us they did.

As of 12/31/2010 they have an F rating with the BBB. THey have numerous complaints.

If you have been SCAMMED/LIED TOO by Bluegreen PLEASE file a complaint with the BBB of Florida, the Attorney General of Florida, Consumer Affairs of Florida, and even a complaint against them with the BBB in the state you purcahsed your timeshare with Bluegreen.

Florida is where their corporate office is located, although they sell all over the US. Pennsylvania had a class action lawsuit against BLuegreen just a few years ago.

Comments

I just want all owners & potential owners to know what you are dealing with when you sign a contract with this company. My family has lost most of our income.

When I called Bluegreen to ask if they had any hardship programs they advised me that I signed a contract saying I could afford to pay for the timeshare and that is what they... expected of me. We paid A LOT of money for our 14000 points and we paid it off within 6 months of purchasing it. Now all we owe is maintenance fees.

When we called to explain that we had lost over 75% of our income and would like to make payments on the maintenance fees, we were advised that if we didn't have the maintenance fees paid off in six months, that the account would be sent to collections. Keep in mind that we are barely paying our rent. They have already tacked $250 on to our $9. They also told us that there is a $250 title transfer fee but that all the maintenance fees have to be paid before you can transfer the title.

We have tried and cannot even sell our 14000 (7000 every November) points for 1/4 of what we paid for it. When I asked could they not work with people experiencing hardship, I was advised by Megan in Owner Services "we have a business to run". She also advised me that they have no type of "buy back" program and that if I had called them and tried to work out payments that I might not have gone to collections. I explained to her that I did exactly that, but the representative told me that the payments I could afford would not keep me from going to collections.

These people are heartless. Just thought everyone should know...

Anyone on this site that claims to have had any kind of good experience with Bluegreen is a salesperson trying to change just one persons mind away from cancelling thier contract within the allowed time so they don't lose thier commission. They are thieves and liars. Do the research and run like ***.

I think its great that bluegreen has a quality control specialist to come on these web sites a argue the complaints...

I understand how people dont understand what they just signed up for, in the excitement of it all the sales persons job is sign now before you figure it out. we wanted to try a time share, looked at others, decided to get this one until we found too many discrepencies in what was presented and what really was,,, we asked the questions most people don't..

I think this time share is as valuable as the EXPIRED half price drink tickets they gave us..and the unavailable promotional show ticket coupons that they get for free. In the words of their boss on location "It is what it is"..Just like high interest credit cards or paycheck advance companies, they make money of the poor sap that can't afford to do better, lucky for us we could afford to ask those questions.

i do not care what you say about the company. I know for a fact what they promised too us , and they followed through with nothing.

My spouse has been a member since 2005 and has had horrible experiences with them and trying to use the timeshare.

I have no reason to post something that is not true. Why do they have an F rating and have had since January 2010 with the BBB?

We have been owners since 2004 and have had many many good holidays and havd ALWAYS been able to get the dates we need which just happen to be peak period summer dates.

Far to many complanits on here are based on what they thought they were going to get instead of reading what they have signed up for.

How can you blame a large company because you are incapable in using the product that you bought, it does work and there are very many owners who are very happy .

Another point is why do these people buy a timeshare and then say they can plan ahead ? and lastly there are far to many people go for the freebies and sign on the dotted line ,once home they then shout scam when in fact they went to scam Bluegreen in the first place.

Customer Complaint History

Prior to September 15, 2009 this company's complaints were handled locally. The following data represents complaints processed by this BBB prior to September 15, 2009.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 26 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 26 complaints closed in 36 months, 0 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned :

+ 10 regarding Sales Practice Issues

10 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue

+ 3 regarding Service Issues

3 - None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

These complaints were closed as:

+ 17 Resolved

15 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

2 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.

+ 9 Administratively Closed

I would like to hear more positive comments from other owners like Mike.

Out of 250,000 owners and a couple people not happy, I would say thats pretty good. I have been a owner going on 5 years.

This is the only program that offers you bounus time where you can stay at any of there resorts for as little as $49 a night and yes I have no trouble booking them. On Dec.

27th I booked new years eve in Vegas in a one bedroom for $59 a night. It's the best timeshare I have seen