Greenville, North Carolina
1.4K views

I purchased a vacation for a 3 night 4 day stay in the Smokie Mountains of Tennessee for $280. They assured me that the only stipulation was that I attend the sales presentation for the Time Share which lasts from 90 to 120 minutes.

I stated that I had been to some of these "Short presentations" for other timeshares and it turned into a half day lost at best. They assured me that they do not pressure anyone and that I could receive my bonus gifts after 120 minutes. I was still unsure but they hooked me when they assured me that I would automatically be upgraded to a mountain cabin instead of staying in a hotel. Well all that was a load of ***.

We were told that we had received a better upgrade to one of their very own resorts with tons of amenities and that we wouldn't even have to leave the resort for the presentation at Laurel Crest in Pigeon Forge. Upon our arrival I was completely stunned!!! We were told we would be in a suite with a full kitchen....NEGATIVE. We were placed in a tiny one bedroom lock off unit about the size of a shoebox.

There was a mini fridge that you bumped your knee on when getting out of bed on one side and a chair that you bumped your knee on when getting off the other side of the bed. The microwave was in the BATHROOM! It was so outdated. Of course nothing could be changed or fixed because they had "overbooked"...Yeah right.

The second night there, the people in the unit connected to us were yelling and playing rap music with offensive lyrics at 1:00 a.m. We called the security officer who took forever to get to the unit and then just laughed and joked with the people and said to just calm it down some. Within 15 minutes one of the guys was screaming at his girlfriend and then apparently proceeded to slam her into the wall and floor as we could hear EVERYTHING. We called the security guard several times but they would not answer, so we had to call 911 and get the police there.

All of this fun occurred until 4 am. I did not feel safe but of course, Bluegreen did not move us within the resort or even at one of their other locations. The most fun we had occurred at the presentation where they assured us there was ZERO pressure to buy. Well after FOUR hours and repeatedly turning down every deal known to man, we finally were told that we could redeem our bonus gifts.

One was a $100 visa card which I tried to use at several places and it wouldn't go through. I was finally able to use it at a grocery store. I am doubtful that my other gift which was a cruise will work out. If Bluegreen thinks they are top of the line, they need to check out other time shares.

We own a timeshare through another company that is10 times better Instead of supplementing with another company, we will just upgrade at the one we currently own. My advice to you is STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments