Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
1.3K views

My parents who are in their early 80's drove from Oklahoma to Virginia to look at a time share in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. I live in Virginia about 5 hours east.

My Dad told them he would listen to their sale's pitch but would not purchase a time share because of his age and the fact that he has a motor home he travels in. They came to my house to get me as they were told they could bring 2 guests and would be put in a "resort hotel". We drove down on Oct 16, 2014 and the address to the welcome center was either wrong or it had moved as Onstar took us to the wrong place with the address they gave us. The first place directed us to the correct location.

The staff checking us in was friendly enough. The problem arose when we got to the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly; however, the hotel was 2 of 5 stars AT BEST. They told Dad his original room was not available so they switched us.

We got to the room and the carpet was dirty, the full size beds were disheveled although the room had been "cleaned", the mattresses were horrible and very substandard. The furniture in the lobby was soiled and dirty and other guests that were there for the same reason had the exact same complaint. We promptly went downstairs and called Bluegreen Vacations and asked to be moved to a better and cleaner hotel. It took them an hour to call my Dad back telling him there were no other hotels available and they would not refund his $200 dollars that held his spot.

So after driving about 5 hours to Pigeon Forge, I had to turn around and drive the same back home. They are misleading in what their idea of a resort hotel is. If you are trying to sell a timeshare, why wouldn't you put the guests up in better hotels? Standing in the parking lot of the hotel, I could see better hotels and discussed the same issues with several guests that approached me about it.

My Dad was willing to listen to their pitch for 2 hours. That was not the issue at all. The hotel was substandard and Bluegreen Vacations had no other accommodations and refused to refund money which is just bad business.

You could not pay me money to use this company. My Dad is highly upset and if he knew how to use a computer, he would be writing this himself.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

#892039

We did buy in to this timeshare. All we are getting is ripped off.

The fist time we stayed in a great place. The other few times, (over three years because you can not get a place after almost $10,000 paid) were awful places to stay. Furniture worn out so bad, your afraid to sit on it. Bed so lumpy at one place, we couldn't sleep.

They promised us that all places would be comparable to their places. Nothing could be further from the truth. There was even a charge to use beach towels. Several charges we did not know about, on top of almost $700 in yearly fees for something we can not use.

No more money. We are on a fixed income and we are done.

Bluegreen Resorts Reviews