Charlotte, North Carolina

We have been going to Lodge Alley Inn for at least a decade or more. We call, make our reservation and ask for a room with a courtyard view, knowing that a specific room cannot be guaranteed. We called in June 2013 for a May 27-June, 2014 reservation.

When I called to confirm our reservation, I was told that we were assigned to Room 202 which is on the street. I spoke with Sid Shingler and asked that we be changed to a room with a courtyard view. He was abrupt and said nothing could be done.

I then called Bluegreen and asked the person to whom I spoke to intervene and call to assure us of a courtyard view room. (There are at least 15-20 of these, so the switch shouldn't have been a problem.

When we arrived on May 27, we were assigned Room 202 and I challenged Sid on the assignment and reminded him of my call and that I had also called Bluegreen who put my request "into the system." He said he didn't know anything about that. I insisted that it had been done, and, voila! He "found" the request but then said nothing could be done.

When we got to the room, I again called Bluegreen and spoke with a supervisor who was polite but also said nothing could be done except to request a move if a courtyard view room became available...which I had already done.

This is the first time we have had rude treatment at Lodge Ally Inn. I am hesitant to continue going to this venue because of this experience.

Pinky Bender

(The Rev. Dr. Carol T. Bender)

5001 Belford Court

Charlotte, NC 28226

704.542.0537

Comments

scarlettt2014

There are so many other wonderful resorts in your area. Have you been to the ones in South Carolina, or in Savannah ?