Boston, Massachusetts
1K views

went to a Charleston presentation after being approached by a salesman who offered a $50 VISA credit; a free short cruise on a river cruise and a certificate for a 2 night stay in a variety of properties throughout the US; He said the presentation/meeting would last no longer than 1 1/2 to 2 hours;

The presentation which lasted well beyond 2 hours was given by a pretty slick but likable guy; Then comes the high-pressure sales pitch all based on the "bonus" which is only available if you sign right there. When I told them it was an interesting concept different from the typical timeshare concept and I wanted some time to digest the info, they lost all interest in me - meaning the pitch is all about getting you to sign that day. In hindsight, what I should have done is had my smartphone at the meeting to pull up all of the numerous complaints one get when they Google "Blue Green Vacations" and ask them about it;

If you read the history of Blue Green, the attorney generals of most of the NE states filed suit (& won) because they got so many complaints; Then Blue Green decided to move to Boca Raton.

In the end, we spent 3 hours to receive approx $150 of stuff. btw, I think part of the process is "paying upfront before receiving; Remember the "free" 2 nights they gave me, well when I registered, I was instructed that to use the certificate I had to pay a $100 deposit, then when I want to travel, give them the hotel and 3 different travels dates.

In the end, be careful, if you have a hard time with the sales pitch, do not go.

Comments