Gaithersburg, Maryland
1.1K views
1.8

Here was my experience with Bluegreen. I signed me up for a "free 4 day 3 night trip to Myrtle Beach" staying in one of their resorts on the beach; sounded good so I ponied up the $200 plus to book the trip.

Long story short, the accommodations were changed to a mid grade Fairmont hotel 3 miles from the beach. They claimed it was not their fault but their VTT. I was told to fill out a form and someone would follow up & make it right. That never happened.

Wife and I were given the tour and heavy sales pitch promising all the benefits of the program. In the fine print however, and in reading actual owners experience on the web, it really goes like this: the desired places you would want to visit, when you want to visit them, are rarely available. The maintenance fees are pretty much sure to increase over time. The ability to resell or get out of the contract is next to impossible, contrary to the verbal assurances of the sales team.

As such we went to rescind our purchase agreement. South Carolina statute allows for five days, excluding Sundays to provide notice via certified mail. Our contract was dated June 28, a Tuesday. Five days from then (Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Mon) was the deadline to send a certified letter.

Monday was the 4th of July, post offices were closed. Bluegreen says I can't cancel the contract, because the certified letter was postmarked on the 5th.

Tell me how I am going to get a letter postmarked if the Post Office is closed due to National Holiday.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Resorts Vacation Ownership.

• Timeshare Cancellation
  • Vacation Tour Travel

Comments

Iggyearl

Bluegreen has you on a technicality. Common sense says they could let you out of the contract.

But, they want you as a "loyal" customer.

I would post on all the complaint sites until they relent.

Bluegreen Resorts Reviews