2K views

I was shopping in Bass Pro yesterday when a woman lured me over and tried to get be to sign up for some 99 dollar vacation.I listened until she wanted my credit card number.

I finally walked off telling her that I needed to think about it. Another customer approached me and told me to check out this site before going back over there. Thank God!!!!! I might have been the next victim.

I had to hurry around the store and get out of there before she could harass me again. Didn't even get to buy what I went in for.

What does Bass Pro Shop allow this.I am never going back.

Had an Experience with Bluegreen Resorts?

Comments

Lutz, Florida, United States #1215771

They let them in the pro shops because they are part owners of The BlueGreen vacation scams...... Its called GREED and SELFISHNESS..... Beware when someone from bluegreen approaches you or calls you.....

BPS is making a fortune with BG.BG min requirements are a 600 credit score and min 40k a year income.

Put the numbers on paper and they are preying on those who can't afford it. Plus the gift cards are big profits for BPS. A $100 gift card that they might have $35 dollars in cost for China made ***(not American made), plus that is a marketing expense deduction. BPS only cares about how much he can make.

BPS values are the same as BG. We are Gold owners and have been in the program for six years and we are ready to get out. We are going to work it, how there in house people tell you to(rent) for a profit but is against BG rules.

When we get most of our money back, we will walk away.Expedia has better choices and not much more in cost over a 10 year period.

Kimberling City, Missouri, United States #1154599

The relationship between BPS and Bluegreen is one that nobody can figure out.BPS has some kind of ties to BG at Big Cedar, Paradise Point and The Cliffs at Long Creek.

BPS has a marketing agreement with BG through the Outdoor Traveler in stores. And think about it, you get a $100 gift card for BPS that BPS might $35 in the cost of goods. Plus he gets to right that off as an expense, so it's a win, win for BPS. Plus any $$$ BPS is getting for doing the marketing for BG.

We have been an owner with BG for six years and would love to get rid of it.

We are going to work it how they told us we could, get most of our money back, plus the trips we have taken and will take, then walk away.

I will admit, I was DUMB, for believing this was a good choice for my family.If you can afford the HIGH overprice maintenance fees, the rollover fees, fees, fees, and more fees, by all means enjoy yout BlueGreen Ownership.

They OWN You, and you think it is the other way around.

Bass Pro allows it because they want MONEY. That is all that matters to big companies these days.

Since I WAS DUMB to fall for this high priced vacation ***, then I will use my mistake to warn others to NEVER do this unless you can afford this. Of course, if you can afford it you are better off investing in a property that you can use and rent out yourself.

LIES LIES LIES LIES!!!Be Warned.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #686757

I agree that Bass Pro should not allow this company to promote in their store.the Blue Green Resort in itself is a scam...

I am an owner and I purchased through Bass Pro and I am very dissapointed and would love to sell the time share, but I can not because I will lose half of what I invested in.I was under the impression that I can use this whenever because I am an owner. Blue Green wants you to reserve like 6months in advance. everytime I try to call and get a cabin or condo for the weekend they do not have any rooms available, yet if I call them right back with a differnt name and tell them I purchased a weekend through Bass Pro they have anything I want available. moral is if they 'Blue Green' think they have a new customer to suck in they will bend over backwards trying to get you in and if you are already an owner they dont give a *** because they already have your money and they know you are stuck...

I do not shop at Bass Pro anymore due to the fact that they do business with this company...SHAME ON YOU BASS PRO FOR DOING BUSINESS WITH SUCH A SCANDALOUS COMPANY :(

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #677804

I bought the vacation and have booked my resort.I have friends who told me about it and they all had a lot of fun.

They do it because they want to give you a time share pitch, then they give you bass pro gift cards that make you want to spend more money at bass pro.This is not a scam, you are just an ***.

to InKansasCity #686759

@InKansasCity..You are the a**.

You take advantage of anything free... Bass Pro tells you when they sell you the 3 day vacation that they want you to buy in and that you have to sit through the sales pitch....

THAT IS THE REASON THEY ARE SELLING IT TO YOU SO CHEAP....TRYING TO GET YOU TO BUY :sigh

You pay the money, you take the 2 night 3 day mini vacation and get back $100 in gift cards.Where could you stay for $49-$59 for 2 nights?

Not even at Motel 6. It's a win/win for Bass Pro Shops if you buy into it, but even if you don't chances are when you go to redeem the gift cards you'll spend above $100, so they got you in the store again. It's not high pressure, they want you to buy, but if you're not interested than don't do it. Research it.

Anyone who signs at the dotted line without researching is either rich beyond my wildest dreams or dumber than I will ever be. (Hmmm, where can I meet some of those dumb rich people, please let me know!!) It's worth an hour of your time.

In every situation in life you learn things, you may learn you like this; or you may learn you don't.Either way you had a nice weekend for a minimal amount of money.

This is a very long review written for those researching time shares and specifically Bluegreen(BG). I am writing this review because in my own research I have found very little objective information that helped me evaluate the BG timeshare opportunity. Before you waste your time reading it all let me make a few statements. I do not work for BG, I do not own any time shares, I do not work in the vacation industry, I recently heard the timeshare pitch at a BG resort in VA. If you have already formed an opinion about BG and Timeshares don’t waste time reading on. Please don’t feel compelled to write a response to tell me how much you disagree with me. This is my opinion based on my experience. I believe that every person is entitled to their own opinions. I also believe that’s where “entitlement” should end.

In this review I will attempt to give some details that form an objective viewpoint rather than a red faced rant. My hope is to give people trying to figure out if timeshares are a good idea for their family some real information to help them evaluate.

I am middle aged, married, and have one small child. I purchased a promotional weekend almost a year ago with BG knowing it included a timeshare presentation. I received 75% of the purchase of the weekend back in gift cards at a retailer that I shop at a lot, so this 2 night weekend cost me about $59 out of pocket. We received a 3BR cabin that in my opinion was one of the nicest...

My wife and I sat through the presentation with a very open mind. For the first time in our lives we are financially in a position to invest in our entertainment future so we were very interested in hearing about existing opportunities. There was a 1 hour presentation from a pretty good communicator. The presentation is a very “over-the-top” view of what BG can offer, and, of course it is all the good stuff with not much detail. Remember, they are selling something. After the presentation you get a consultant to answer your questions privately and explain pricing. There are plenty of questions that you should ask that go well beyond “how much is it?” People don’t like to read contracts and go through details, but as the saying goes, “the devil’s in the details”. You simply can not skip over the details and expect to get any respect from others when it’s not going how you like it. However, you have to be mentally disciplined to not jump to the most favorable conclusion. If you haven’t learned it in life already then let me give some advice. DON’T TAKE ANYONE’S WORD FOR ANYTHING. READ THE FINE PRINT.

The consultant and the financial guy that we dealt were very courteous. I’m sure this is very dependent on who you get but at no time did I feel disrespected. Some people complain about “high pressure” sales tactics. I’m not sure what that means since normally no examples are given but I did not experience what I would consider “high pressure”. In my opinion, pressure is very much what you allow it to be. I suppose some would say that being told you have to make a decision right now, is high pressure. That is only high pressure if you let it be. If at anytime you don’t feel comfortable you simply say no thanks and it’s over. Where is the pressure? In our case, we listened to the whole thing, asked questions and discussed for about 1hr, and did not feel comfortable making a decision. I told them that I am not an impulsive decision maker and if I had to make a decision right then that the answer was “no”. I had one more day at the resort so I asked if I could think it over and get back to them the next day. Obviously they don’t want this to be but then it’s up to them to turn down the opportunity to gain an owner. They said yes. We took this time to call some friends that we knew had timeshares with other companies and to evaluate the information that was presented.

Here’s the conclusion: we decided that it was a “no” for us at this time. It wasn’t BG and it wasn’t the timeshare concept. I put the numbers into a spreadsheet. This included the buy-in , the maintenance fees, the property taxes, etc. I looked at the total cost over 10 years. For the package we were looking at we could expect 5 vacations over 10 years paid for by points. When it came down to it, we were going to pay $2,800 per vacation for lodging. I do not think this is an astronomical figure, but it depends on how and where you currently vacation. We do not normally spend that much on our vacations and didn’t think that we would for the next 10 years so it was an easy decision.

There are a number of other factors that you need to consider though. Timeshare’s are good for life but be careful with this concept. They have done some things to “lock” point values and claim that it is “inflation proof” I don’t personally think that is a concept that has much validity. In today’s economic market I don’t know how anyone can claim that with certainty. Conceptually it’s legit but in the real world I think that’s a tall order. What if the resort sells all of its current holdings and adds new ones that were not in the pool when you signed up? Locked rates won’t matter then. This is very likely over at 10-20 year period. Most businesses look at investments in that same time frame. (that’s just one example of what could happen) Can you pass this down to your kids? Sure, but it might not be worth anything when you do it. These are just some of the reasons we looked at a 10 year period.

During the 1 hour presentation we were told that BG knew that at least 50% of us would not sign up and that was just fine. In our case, that was us and when we finally came to that answer the consultant shook my and hand and said “thanks for your time”. What else can you ask for? I walked away with some knowledge about timeshares, a basically free weekend getaway and an opportunity help some others in a similar situation. Tell me where else you can do that by giving a few hours of your time.

to brian Bloomington, Illinois, United States #866599

Thank you very much for this review, it was extremely insightful.